National Procrastination Week

• May 12, 2010 12:12 PM BST
    Just exactly when is this procrastination week going to start?
    Do you think I've got nothing better to do?
    I could be looking in shop windows at dresses.
    "Mmmmmm, maybe. Mmmmmm, definitely not! Mmmmmm, look at the price of that!
    Mmmmmm, Oh I love that blue! Mmmmmmmm.........welllllllllll..........maybe.
  • June 8, 2010 10:52 PM BST
    People....People
    How dare you let this thread become forgotten, you have to get back to some serious procrastinating.....
    • 2358 posts
    June 8, 2010 11:02 PM BST
    Not got time at the moment, going on holiday on thursday, but will definately comit a maybee to putting somthing inane and non sensical on my return

Crissie
    • 1017 posts
    June 8, 2010 11:08 PM BST
    Hi Matt,

ooh...er, I think we have...

but plan to post more Real Soon Now

Best,
    Melody
    • 2627 posts
    June 9, 2010 2:51 AM BST
    Oh dear. I messed around & forgot all about this. Well I'll get right on it.
    • 871 posts
    June 9, 2010 3:41 AM BST
    I'm ever so sorry but I have been working really hard! This packet of boubons is taking more cups of tea than I expected.
    • 157 posts
    June 10, 2010 1:03 AM BST
    I will attempt to put this on my schedule as soon as I can find it.

Jeri
    • 1017 posts
    July 15, 2010 10:57 PM BST
    err, been very, very busy lately - is it too late to post here?

Best,
    Melody
    • 530 posts
    July 16, 2010 5:33 PM BST
    I did momentarily think about it during my temporary enforced idleness (not that I am complaining), but decided to put it on the back burner for another day.
    • 2358 posts
    July 16, 2010 6:49 PM BST
    See next post for ,more enlightening information and complete update
    • 252 posts
    July 22, 2010 5:01 PM BST
    AAAAAAAAAAAARRRRGGHHH!!! Sleepy!!! Go away!!!! I'll do it later!!!! *whine* (Throws pillow) I'LL DO IT LATER!!!!!
  • July 22, 2010 7:03 PM BST
    Now thats better, inane guffage being posted

• 871 posts
    July 23, 2010 8:14 AM BST
    I wonder if there is an opportunity to become a quango. Maybe we should start a new committee to highlight the benefits that we would provide the government, or more to the point, how we can spend all that lovely taxpayers money, spent wisely of course and without a penny wasted. I just hope we have enough bourbons.
  • July 23, 2010 9:33 AM BST
    I walked down to the end of the street, saw the fork in the road (that's fork btw!) and thought to myself "Should I turn left or should I turn right?"..........Or, (and this is where it gets really interesting) "Should I turn right or should I turn left?"
    I stood for a while, then it got dark and it started to rain so I went home.
    • 404 posts
    July 23, 2010 10:07 AM BST
    The committee to decide whether or not a committee or sub-committee is necessary to further progress this scenario at this moment in time has, as such, not yet convened but is expected to do so within the foreseeable future...............assuming a venue and date convenient to all........................................

Lynn H.
  • July 23, 2010 10:16 AM BST
    This sounds very much like David (call me Dave) Cameron's "Big Society"
  • July 23, 2010 10:36 AM BST
    not quite sure what that word means i'll look it up later xoxo
    • 2627 posts
    July 23, 2010 3:06 PM BST
    In order to get this right I think we need to start working on next years agenda. Maybe we should go back to the beginning & start over. Lets give it some thought. I'll have to look it up again I don't remember when it is, but we need to try to be ready on time.
    • 1017 posts
    July 23, 2010 3:47 PM BST
    whenever

Best,
    Melody
    • 746 posts
    July 23, 2010 4:56 PM BST
    I'm finally getting around to posting to the initial thread comment for why do today what you can put off until tomorrow???
    BRB
    *poof*
    Traci
    • 530 posts
    July 23, 2010 6:05 PM BST
    Tomorrow works for me.
  • July 23, 2010 7:22 PM BST
    Umm is it me or does tommorrow never come because tommorrow becomes today????
    • 1017 posts
    July 23, 2010 7:30 PM BST
    Me pondré a ello mañana.

Best,
    Melody
    • 1017 posts
    July 23, 2010 7:38 PM BST
    Nej, nej, inte idag, det ska göras i morgon.

Best,
    Melody
    • 1017 posts
    July 23, 2010 7:42 PM BST
    不要打扰我,明天我会做。

Best,
    Melody
    • 1017 posts
    July 23, 2010 7:48 PM BST
    I'd do one in French, but it would be pointless, given the culture....lol

Best,
    Melody
    • 746 posts
    July 23, 2010 9:15 PM BST
    Today is yesterday's tomorrow! Ponderous...
    • 252 posts
    July 24, 2010 12:56 AM BST
    Eh........no.
  • July 24, 2010 7:58 AM BST
    Latest report concerning "the paint".

It's still wet.

I'll keep watching!
  • July 25, 2010 11:57 PM BST
    Karen,
    Explain more about this agenda you speak of.......
    Would that not require electing or voting people to perform specific tasks and we are not the most organised bunch as it is....

• 1017 posts
    July 26, 2010 10:59 PM BST
    Okay, that's it. I'm mad and I'm not going to take it anymore. It's time we all band together and take action...now!

oh,

er,

sorry,

wrong thread...

Best,
    Melody
    • 2627 posts
    July 27, 2010 7:25 AM BST
    Matt
    How can you say we,re not organized?
    Look at all we've got planned so far.
    You want an agenda? OK! I'll post one. umm soon, realy, I mean it, I will, soon.
    • 530 posts
    July 28, 2010 6:20 PM BST
    Definitely organised.

We definitely decided that we would have a biscuit (or a cake, or sandwiches or something edible anyway - details to be finalised) with our tea (or coffee or wine or whatever - details also to be finalised) at the meeting to sort out the agenda for the meeting.

As soon as we can figure out whether the meeting is to be for 2010 or 2011 because it's more than halfway through the year we'll get right on it.
    • 1195 posts
    July 28, 2010 6:40 PM BST
    I believe, correct me if I'm wrong, I do believe we're making progress(I think).
    Well, at least we're communicating.
    hugs
    Gracie
    • 2627 posts
    July 28, 2010 11:13 PM BST
    Yes we are deffinetly making progress. We are going to have something to eat, with something to drink, at sometime,at somewhere. I'm realy glad that's settled. I was starting to get worried.
    • 530 posts
    August 4, 2010 1:08 AM BST
    Considering this is is only a preliminary meeting, does the team think that the second-best china will be adequate?
    And can the minutes be taken down in pencil?
    • 1017 posts
    August 4, 2010 1:32 AM BST
    Hi Sue,

Since no one got around to bringing any sort of plates, I think we need to appoint a focus group to to discuss the merits of forming a commission to examine the possibility of deputizing a group of trusted nominees to go to the market next door for paper plates. I suggest opening the position of nominee to the entire membership for consideration in due time.

er, who remembered to bring a pencil....

Best,
    Melody
    • 871 posts
    August 4, 2010 12:45 PM BST
    Well done Karen, its always a good sign if we can clearly quantify progress. Sue, it makes me nervous talking about target dates for such a meeting when there is so much more detail that needs to be clarified. Attempting to decide whether it should be this year or next makes me very nervous, maybe we should limit our guesstimations to a target decade this century? or do you think that is too optimistic?
    • 530 posts
    August 4, 2010 2:24 PM BST
    Very valid point Penny.

Perhaps we need to restart the whole process, and get another focus group together to discuss if we need a comittee to consider when the meeting is to take place before we get down to details such as food and crockery. (Maybe paper plates will not still be available?).
    I suspect this decade is no longer viable, but if we really get our act together we might manage the next.
    No rush though, lets give it proper thought and consideration. Take the Ents as our example?

I no longer have a pencil.
  • August 4, 2010 8:23 PM BST
    Well maybe we should use paper plates & paper cups for the refreshments because they are both recycleable and we should be seen tobe doing our bit for the environment too, while we decide on the focus group to organise when we should have the meeting to set out our agenda.
    • 1017 posts
    August 4, 2010 8:44 PM BST
    Hi Matt,

I'm afraid you are flying headlong into the paper plates and cups issue without appropriate consideration.

Shouldn't we have a consensus on whether we, as a group, prefer plain paper, plastic coated paper or foam?

A research team should be formed to do a full analysis of the issue, the environmental impact of the various choices and, of course, the international monetary effects of our choice.

Let's give this issue the due deliberate investigation it requires. After all, what's the hurry?

We don't want to rush into anything...
    Melody
    • 1 posts
    August 5, 2010 5:42 AM BST
    Great responce ! I like it ! ! !
  • August 5, 2010 1:36 PM BST
    I've got this idea.
    Stay with me on this!
    Quiet at the back!
    We could, with a lot of time, and a lot of love, turn this whole thing into a "National procrastination fortnight!"
    Yeeeeehaaw!
    • 871 posts
    August 5, 2010 2:31 PM BST
    That’s a great idea Janis! I really think that that is something that should be on the agenda. Once we have perfected the operational model for procrastination week I believe we could then extend the same model to a fortnight. However, before we make such a daring move we need to seriously consider any repercussions.

Regarding the plate issue, I prefer the option of clay-fired plates as a more environmentally viable option. They require less energy to manufacture, are reusable and at the end of their desired ownership they can either be sold on or ground up and returned to the natural environment. Everyone’s contributions of ideas are valid and ultimately I believe should remain in the fate of democracy.
  • August 5, 2010 3:47 PM BST
    Great!
    Just time for a quick bath.

Wheeeeeee!
  • August 5, 2010 3:55 PM BST
    Is it something to do about this new "wheel" thing?
    • 1017 posts
    September 8, 2010 7:26 PM BST
    Hi All,

Damn, I've done it again. I've missed the Steering Committee Meeting - must be for the fourth time running.

I really do have to get it together soon. It's just that I've been so enthralled by the "Herbals" and "Winge moan & groan." threads here that it just got by me. The posts have been so varied and interesting lately...

Belatedly,
    Melody

• 404 posts
    September 9, 2010 8:13 PM BST
    Take it easy............I think the Steering Committee are all still sound asleep at the wheel................either that or they're waiting for the tea trolley......................................

Lynn H.
    • 1017 posts
    September 9, 2010 8:21 PM BST
    Hi Lynn,

But the Steering Committee are the most dedicated, committed, responsible, dependable and active members of this organization.....oh, err, I see your point...

Best,
    Melody
    • 1017 posts
    January 16, 2011 12:49 AM GMT

Hi All,

A bit of artwork,

Best, Mellie