National Procrastination Week

• 2627 posts
    January 11, 2011 5:08 AM GMT
    I think Wendy's right we should wait until we get to the new site so that we can take our time & get it right.
    Unless anyones in a hurry.
    • 404 posts
    February 5, 2011 3:09 PM GMT
    Yup-it has been unanimously agreed that the next meeting be postponed until a mutually agreeable date can be found................

Lynn H.
    • 2627 posts
    February 5, 2011 5:15 AM GMT
    I keep meaning to get back to this. But I've been um well, busy. That's it, I've been busy. Doing um, something important.
    So real soon I'll post something that matters, maybe, to someone, I think.
    • 2627 posts
    February 5, 2011 5:17 AM GMT
    It's been almost a year now & we've made some great progress.
    • 404 posts
    January 16, 2011 6:00 PM GMT
    How are the omens? Do they augar well? The tea leaves? The innards? The Tarot???
    • 2358 posts
    February 4, 2011 12:19 AM GMT
    I'm getting realy fed up, with all the delays in formatting a positive policy. nobody seems to have any ideas on how this thread should proceed, it seems to have lost direction all the threats of determining an accepted procedure, As new head mod, I will post something inspiring and positive, leading by example. watch this space for an example as to leadership etc. I am going away to dwell on this a t leisure-contemplate my navel and come back when I have decided about something to think about ..............................
    • 1 posts
    February 4, 2011 4:16 PM GMT
    Did I miss it again?
    • 871 posts
    February 4, 2011 2:31 PM GMT
    I think it is excellent news regarding the positive thinking for positive action but in effort to remain balanced and transparent we should also consider what negative thinking can bring to the discussion. Also, we shouldn’t dismiss the ground breaking advances that 50 monkeys with typewriters producing the entire works of Shakespeare are achieving. I know it’s very easy to accidently limit the bounds of one’s thoughts so as long as we remind ourselves of avoiding that pitfall we should be moving in the right direction, once that direction has been determined. I understand that finding a starting point has been added to the agenda but we will have to wait and see how that philosophy develops.
    Love
    Penny
    X
  • January 15, 2011 10:24 PM GMT
    A typical overly cautious response there, sometimes you have to make that leap & go for it
    • 1017 posts
    January 15, 2011 5:11 PM GMT
    Hi All,

I think this thread has gotten off track. Some don't seem to know what it means to procrastinate. Let me enlighten you:

pro·cras·ti·nate
       /proʊˈkræstəˌneɪt, prə-/ Show Spelled [proh-kras-tuh-neyt, pruh-] Show IPA verb, -nat·ed, -nat·ing.
    –verb (used without object)
    to defer action; delay: to procrastinate until

oops, there goes the tea kettle. I'll finish this later...

Best,
    Mellie
    • 2358 posts
    January 15, 2011 5:26 PM GMT
    I knew that! but...........................
    • 1017 posts
    January 10, 2011 1:02 AM GMT
    Hi Matt,

You, of all people, should know that the National Procrastination Association's August 2006 meeting has been postponed till 2012. Maybe you didn't get around to reading the minutes.

Best,
    Mellie
    • 2358 posts
    January 10, 2011 1:25 AM GMT
    Typical bloody man, wants to run before he can walk, leaping without looking, blundering on blindly, lets take a few minutes and contemplate everything we have achieved so far and then have a discussion on how we can improve on future performance. , more haste less speed. better ere on the side of caution. make sure we get it right..
    • 2573 posts
    January 10, 2011 4:26 AM GMT
    I was REALLY hoping we could put this off until we moved to the new site...
    • 404 posts
    January 10, 2011 4:02 PM GMT
    Normal service will be resumed as soon as possible...........................
  • January 10, 2011 12:12 AM GMT
    good grief this thread has been forgotten

we need to seriously procrastinate asap people.....
  • January 26, 2011 12:38 AM GMT
    Damn straight! Gonna procrastinate on the taxes for sure, hahhahahaaaa.
  • January 25, 2011 10:12 PM GMT
    hmm is there any reason to go charging blindly forward, a week is a good starting point
    • 530 posts
    January 25, 2011 4:36 PM GMT
    I will definitely and positively think about it. Maybe.
  • January 20, 2011 5:04 AM GMT
    Why a week?
    Why not like somethin' like ......I don't know........like forever or somethin'........yeah that'd be good wouldn't it?
    Well let's think about it anyway.
    So shall we have another meeting sometime?
  • January 20, 2011 2:25 AM GMT
    I'm working on a witty and humorous response. I'll post the completed version later.
    • 2358 posts
    March 5, 2011 11:06 PM GMT
    A year today this thread started, I'm delighted to announce that nothing positive has happened and even the threatened AGM has been postponed indefinately.
    • 136 posts
    March 6, 2011 4:36 AM GMT
    I'll be sure to add it to my calendar tomorrow.
  • March 6, 2011 8:12 PM GMT
    Is that not a paradox because tomorrow never comes?
    • 157 posts
    March 6, 2011 10:05 PM GMT
    Never put off 'til tomorrow things you can put off indefinitely.

Jeri
    • 871 posts
    March 7, 2011 5:17 PM GMT
    I am proud to announce a party to celebrate a whole year of wanton procrastination and decadence. Although details of when the party will take place are yet to be finalised it is thought that it will be around this time next year so, if I was you, I would double check closer to the time.
    Love
    Penny
    x
    • 2358 posts
    June 29, 2011 11:06 AM BST

Its back,.....dont all rush at once, we don't want this thread going into everload, lol.

• 871 posts
    June 29, 2011 6:49 PM BST

Weldone Crissie xxx I love this thread, not that I'm lazy!!!!

How ironic though. The most popular and largest thread and its about procrastination. I think everyone should get the sack! lol xxx

• 1017 posts
    July 22, 2011 6:27 PM BST

It has come to my attention that the sub-committee on Seating Arrangment Safety and Fire Escape Access has issued their report. This is very, very serious business.

The report was due to be presented to the membership at the December 2012 Steering Committee Meeting. That it is now ready, much less available, is an affront to this organization and it's basic principles.

I move that the sub-committee be disbanded, members chastized and the report be declared invalid. We do not welcome this "eager beaver" approach. Perhaps a sub-sub-committee should be conviened to place this punishment before the membership so that this sort of thing doesn't happen again. But, of couse, I wouldn't want to rush to judgment.

• 2358 posts
    July 22, 2011 6:56 PM BST

I'm bloody fuming, who elected this seating comitee anyway without the general consensus of every one, not even being given the opportunity to not rush through a vote smacks of incompetance..to say the erm......

• 1017 posts
    July 22, 2011 8:02 PM BST

Cristine, I fear we will never know. The organization's Secretary has not updated the Official Minutes since 1996 and with her untimely passing in 2007 (what was her big hurry?) that information will not be available.

Remember:

"Never expidite when you can PROCRASTINATE!"

This post was edited by Melody Anders at July 22, 2011 8:17 PM BST
  • July 22, 2011 8:47 PM BST

hmm this sounds like a government cover up to me, maybe we were onto something here

• July 29, 2011 4:04 PM BST

"What do we want?"

"Less dithering        perhaps?"

"When do we want it?"

"Would next Tuesday evening be ok?"

• 404 posts
    July 30, 2011 1:48 PM BST

Where's the fire? Take it easy now...............

Lynn H.

• July 31, 2011 10:12 PM BST

I don't think we should do anything untll we find out what the position is in other jurisdictions. Let's all not do something together.

• 1017 posts
    August 27, 2011 1:01 AM BST

Once again, outside agitators are trying to back us into a corner and make us violate our principles and come to a hasty, ill-concidered action.

"The 2012 phenomenon comprises a range of eschatological beliefs that cataclysmic or transformative events will occur on December 21, 2012.This date is regarded as the end-date of a 5,125-year-long cycle in the Mesoamerican Long Count calendar. Various astronomical alignments and numerological formulae related to this date have been proposed."

Clearly, we should not be rushed into anything. The end of the world can wait till we have come to consensus on on these serious matters.

I propose, we take no action before January 1st, 2013. (Nobody can rush us!) 5,125 year cycle Pfftt!, we can do that standing on our heads, assuming we get around to learning to stand on our heads...

This post was edited by Melody Anders at August 27, 2011 1:28 AM BST
    • 871 posts
    August 27, 2011 10:28 PM BST

Melody, Please accept my sincere apologies as I will instead be attending the End of the World after party, which, incidently is being held the day after the End of the World. I have pre-booked my tickets.

X

• September 23, 2011 10:29 PM BST
    Penny Zenny said:

Melody, Please accept my sincere apologies as I will instead be attending the End of the World after party, which, incidently is being held the day after the End of the World. I have pre-booked my tickets.

X

Huh???

Where do you get these 'tickets' Penny?

• September 23, 2011 10:57 PM BST

Celebrating the National Procrastination Week of 1971....(a bit late)........ listening to the musical HAIR, slipping into comfortable Bell-Bottom jeans and a Halter top, to be followed by driving in a 1968 Mustang Covertable down the coast of California while listening to an 8-track of Iron Butterfly's only hit.

BTW: AT this point Sonny & Cher had a little girl who has since grown up to be herself... as Chas......Cool

• September 25, 2011 3:55 PM BST

Celebrating the National Procrastination Week of 1971....(a bit late)........ listening to the musical HAIR, slipping into comfortable Bell-Bottom jeans and a Halter top, to be followed by driving in a 1968 Mustang Covertable down the coast of California while listening to an 8-track of Iron Butterfly's only hit.

BTW: AT this point Sonny & Cher had a little girl who has since grown up to be herself... as Chas......Cool

• 2127 posts
    March 25, 2012 1:07 PM BST
    I was going to procrastinate today but I think I'll leave it till tomorrow.
    • 1017 posts
    April 2, 2012 7:00 PM BST
    FireFox has an ap to fight procrastination:

http://www.stylelist.com/2012/04/02/time-management-procrastination-meetimer_n_1386148.html?ref=stylelist-home

We should rise up and do something about this...when we get around to it.
  • April 18, 2012 10:49 PM BST
    Where there is no vision the people perish. When they get around to looking for it that is.
    • 114 posts
    April 22, 2012 3:52 PM BST
    I was waiting to see how this all played out before I responded, but I see now that I need to wait a bit longer because it hasn't played out, yet.
    • 1195 posts
    April 22, 2012 9:40 PM BST
    I've been sick. Did I miss anything?
    • 1017 posts
    May 3, 2012 10:42 PM BST
    Found on the net:

• 434 posts
    May 4, 2012 2:34 PM BST
    I was going to celebrate procrastination day in Boston....but I left it too late to book a flight!!
    Darn!!
    • 114 posts
    May 18, 2012 9:03 PM BST
    im definately going to post in this topic....soon
    • 2358 posts
    May 20, 2012 12:16 PM BST
    Erm, think I have said everything sensible I can think of, I will delay in posting for the time being, just in case I get too positive.
  • June 18, 2012 9:17 PM BST

did I miss it?