Representing the TG community this year

• 2463 posts
    April 18, 2010 11:34 PM BST
    I am going to San Francisco in September to present a paper called "Hopefully Soon: The Rights of the Transgendered in America" at a conference called "The Question of Rights." Wow. This will be my third major academic conference in less than a year. I will be representing Gender Society as well as the academic community.
    • 1017 posts
    April 18, 2010 11:48 PM BST
    Hi Meredith,

Good for you!

Will it be open to the general public?

Best,
    Melody
    • 2463 posts
    April 18, 2010 11:54 PM BST
    It is open to anyone, as long as you register for the conference!
    • 1017 posts
    April 19, 2010 12:03 AM BST
    Hi Meredith,

That's great. Please post the details as they become available. (I live in the Bay Area and would love to see your presentation.)

Best,
    Melody
    • 2463 posts
    April 19, 2010 12:44 AM BST
    I am hoping Josie can come with me. It would be great if Lilienne could stop by from L.A. The conference is around September 16 and 17 I believe. My birthday is on the 15th so it would be a nice little trip.
    • 308 posts
    April 19, 2010 6:04 AM BST
    Congratulations Meredith,
    This world needs more people like you to go out on the front lines. Education, concerning equal rights to all walks of life is a main stay of equality.
    From my own experience, each person that have asked me questions, walks away with a whole different perspective.
    Good luck, I admire your work........Tammy
    • 2627 posts
    April 19, 2010 10:59 AM BST
    That sounds awsome Mere. You should post the paper you wrote that gave you this opportunity.