Ticked Off Trannies Interview

• 2127 posts
    April 28, 2010 11:57 PM BST
    You have most probably heard of the movie, "Ticked off trannies with knives", which has just been featured at the Tribeca Film Festival. The transgender world is up in arms about its portrayal of TG people and the use of the word "tranny". Looks like we changed our name just in time!

Well, I have managed to persuade Israel Luna, who wrote and directed the movie, to allow me to interview him for Frock magazine (at least I think I have).

Assuming he goes ahead with the interview, I would like to offer you the chance to ask some of the questions. If you are familiar with this film you will probably have heaps.

So, what would you like to ask him?

Hugs, Katie x
    • 2068 posts
    April 29, 2010 12:23 AM BST

Katie, ask him WHY ON EARTH he wrote such a load of complete & utter trash that quite clearly takes the mickey out of TG people for just being who they want to be. To me, the guy's nothing but a Jerk!

Anna-Marie
    • 434 posts
    April 29, 2010 6:14 AM BST
    I am not offended by what I have read about the movie. How many films had a similar theme about "Pay back" from the "victim."
    This film has brought some of the problems that the "Trans-community" has to deal with - out in the open. Perhaps not in the most flattering way, but at least people are talking more about the problems we face.
    Perhaps we will some day - see a trans-person as a character on a regular television show.
    The World needs to know that we are real people, we exist, and we have a presence that can not be denied. Neither will we "go away", or "sit at the back of the bus".

Aside from the interview, it would be nice to offer Mr. Luna a membership to this site.
    • 871 posts
    April 29, 2010 6:10 PM BST
    I think it is interesting how different TG people live their lives. Of course, no intelligent person would think that every TG person lives the same way. I think there should be more films made showing how TG people are as diverse as people who arent TG.

• 434 posts
    April 30, 2010 1:59 AM BST
    Penny,
    We have our "diversities" just like normal people - because we are normal people!!
    The fact that we are well acquainted with both Genders only gives us an advantage.
    Both "Cups" (LOL) are full
  • May 1, 2010 4:03 PM BST
    to be honest after watching the trailer and getting the jist of what the film is about, i don't get what all the fuss is? it's a film, if you don't like what you see then don't watch it again.