Tags : None
    Good morning all. Can anyone tell me why work keeps getting in the way of the things I want to do lol. I got a new summer skirt and top and no time to try them on :-(( hope you all have a better day than I'm having. Love to all lillith x
    <p>man i feel like a woman</p>
      July 15, 2010 10:41 AM BST
  • Yes having to work is an inconvenience.
    That's why I'm looking forward to retirement when I'll be able to live full time as a woman.
    I can't wait, I wish it was today!
    But I never forget that when I'm trying on a new dress or skirt and top it was the money I earned from working that enabled me to buy it.
    Swings and roundabouts.
      July 15, 2010 11:45 AM BST
    Yeh swings and roundabouts is right. Just got too many swings at the moment ;-( looking at your pic there's no way your near retirement. Hope you have a great day love lillith x
      July 15, 2010 11:57 AM BST
  • I know what you mean...so many cuuuuute outfits, not nearly enough time to play.

Still...sometimes the thought of going femme gets you through the hard days. (Others, the thought of being/becoming a woman does the trick.)

Luv 'n sympathetic hugs,

Mina
    Living as the woman I am!
      July 15, 2010 7:14 PM BST
  • Hi Girls,

I took an early retirement 10 years ago and, yes, it has given me far more freedom to be my real self than I could have back in the corporate grind. It also means I have to live on about 1/3 of my former salary. I have to live on a serious budget - every purchase has to be looked at with a really critical eye: Am I really going to wear those cute shoes or will they just sit in the closet? Is that sexy dress something I will actually wear and where could I wear it? You get the idea.

Unless you are rich to begin with, retirement means scaling back. I'm comfortable but hardly rich. Would I go back for the other 2/3's of my old salary. Hell no!

Best,
    Melody

<p><span style="color: #800080;">Girls will be boys and boys will be girls It's a mixed up muddled up shook up world except for Lola Lo-lo-lo-lo Lola</span> - Ray Davies, The Kinks</p> <p><span style="color: #3366ff;">(S)he's a walking contradiction, partly truth and partly fiction</span> - Kris Kristofferson</p>
      July 15, 2010 11:43 PM BST
  • I guess I am lucky!
    I retired early with 70% of my salary in pension. I do have a mortgage so I can devote my time (and money) to my Children, Grandchildren,...and clothes.

LIFE IS GOOD!!!

.... I love to shop, I shop at will;
    .... I buy what I like, ...and to hell with the bill!!!

"and my needs entwined, like ribbons of light...and I came through the doorway, some where... in the night"
    <p>Doanna Highland</p>
      July 16, 2010 4:00 AM BST
  • correction!!! I do not have a mortgage
    <p>Doanna Highland</p>
      July 16, 2010 4:05 AM BST
    Doanna it must be great to be able to live your life just how you want to. I did get a spare half an hour to try my new stuff on last night. I'm really happy for you to be able to be your real self when ever you want to. It's the thought of those moments that keeps me going. Maybe I'll get lucky and win the lotto lol
      July 16, 2010 7:51 AM BST
    Hmmmm, I almost feel lucky that I broke my back and was forced to take disability. At least it allowed me to transition, get facial surgery, live fulltime, etc. I don't have much money, like ever, but I am able to just be Zoey, which is fortunate since she is me.

Z
    I am the itch, after it was scratched.
      July 17, 2010 5:17 PM BST
    Hi Zoe. Oh my god so sorry to hear about your injury. They say every cloud has a silver lining and I'm so happy for you to be able to be your real self. Im finding out money is always tight no matter what you do. Keep smiling you look great. Take care love lillith x
      July 21, 2010 5:37 AM BST