Major announcement!

• 2463 posts
    August 31, 2010 11:52 PM BST
    For those of you who have been here for a long time will remember when I was kicked out of my own house five years ago (the anniversary of this was just last Sunday!). Now, five years later, a lot of hard work and climbing my way back up: I WAS JUST OFFERED THE MOST INCREDIBLE JOB!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'll be moving out to Virginia for this career position, and will be able to fully use my history PhD! I'll also be able to teach and continue to write on the side. I'll have my evenings and weekends back. Josie will be coming out for Thanksgiving. This will be the first time in 6 years that I'll be able to cook a full Thanksgiving meal. This is so exciting!

Thanks to all of you who stood by and believed in me. I appreciate all you've done.

Mere
    • 1912 posts
    September 1, 2010 12:57 AM BST
    Lots and lots of hugs Mere. In the few years I have known you I have watched you go through some major hurdles in your life just to hang on. It is rewarding to see such a hard working gal like you finally obtain something so well deserved. I wish you the best in your new endeavor and just maybe with you moving closer to me, we will be able to one day meet in person.
    Love,
    Marsha
    • 2463 posts
    September 1, 2010 3:45 AM BST
    Thanks, Marsha! I will also be about 90 minutes away from Robyn Webb, so that will be great as well. We might be able to do an East Coast weekend sort of thingy for GS people!
  • September 1, 2010 4:33 AM BST
    Congratulations Meredith.
    I hope all goes well for you.
    It's not all bad!
    There's good stuff as well!
    • 746 posts
    September 1, 2010 2:25 PM BST
    the same 90 minutes from Traci O'Gara too...congrats Mere!!!!
    • 105 posts
    September 1, 2010 5:34 PM BST
    Hi Mere,

Many, many congratulations - it's always a delight to see things work out well

I do hope that as the new girl in Virginia you won't have to make the coffee in the mornings though.

Hugs,

Judith.
    • 2627 posts
    September 2, 2010 4:50 AM BST
    I'm so happy for you!!!!!
    I've been telling my friends & family about your good news & after telling them some of what you have had to do to get by.
    People that don't evan know you get a big smile on thier face. It's a real feel good story.
    • 2463 posts
    September 2, 2010 11:55 PM BST
    Trine, you obviously did not read my first posting in this thread, nor what the others had to say. You have no idea what this means.
  • September 3, 2010 2:05 AM BST
    hi Mere,
    Congratz!!!

May your move to Virginia go smoothly.

Would love to come visit you and Josie, when you are settled and
    Ready to receive visitors!

Good Luck,
    Michelle Lynn
    • 2573 posts
    September 5, 2010 12:05 AM BST
    Mere,

This is wonderful. I understand what it is like to be in a job where you cannot use your training, education and talents to their fullest.

Since I am likely to visit VA at least once a year,. I hope we can finally meet.

Yaaaaaaaayy
    • 114 posts
    September 5, 2010 5:36 PM BST
    I am a bit late to the party, but I want to extend my own congratulations for your good fortune! I hope this turns out to be everything you hope it will be.
    • 2463 posts
    September 6, 2010 7:42 PM BST
    Thanks everyone! It was so hard saying goodbye to my friends at the museum, but I am so excited to be starting next week. I'll be outta here very soon!

Five years ago I would never have imagined anything like this.

Mere
    • 871 posts
    September 6, 2010 11:19 PM BST
    Fabulous news Mere. I'm really pleased for you. hugs xxxx. I wish you all the best in your new position.
    Love
    Penny
    x
    • 136 posts
    September 13, 2010 7:24 AM BST
    I'm so happy for you Meredith! Congratulations.
    I remember reading your blogs all those years ago, everything you suffered through. It is so wonderful to hear that what you've worked so hard to achieve, has finally paid off.

I wish you the very best, always.
    Nicole
    • 2573 posts
    September 13, 2010 3:55 PM BST
    Yaaaaaayyyyyyy!