Forum » Gender Society Public Forums » USA Forum » Happy Holiday!

Happy Holiday!

Tags : None
  • Hi to all of you USA girls,

Hope everybody is having a wonderful Labor Day. We are grilling rib-eye steaks with mushrooms, steak fries and garlic toast here at the Anders homestead. (And grilled chicken breasts for the dogs.)

And to our Canadian neighbors, happy Labour Day!

Best,
    Melody
    <p><span style="color: #800080;">Girls will be boys and boys will be girls It's a mixed up muddled up shook up world except for Lola Lo-lo-lo-lo Lola</span> - Ray Davies, The Kinks</p> <p><span style="color: #3366ff;">(S)he's a walking contradiction, partly truth and partly fiction</span> - Kris Kristofferson</p>
      September 6, 2010 7:48 PM BST
  • HEY What about us Canadian girls! We get the holiday too..only we spell it "LABOUR" day!
    Ok read the rest of your post, lol I see you mentioned us, thanks hun and cheers our BBQ is on as well! Just a bit cool today!
      September 6, 2010 9:50 PM BST
  • Happy Labor day to you!

It's a cool rainy day here, not much grillin' going on.

Jeri
    Jeri Elaine “A woman needs a man like a fish needs a bicycle.” - Irina Dunn, 1970 Indecision is the key to flexibility. - unknown
      September 6, 2010 10:22 PM BST
  • We don't get a "Labor Day"
    But happy Labor Day anyway to those who do.
      September 6, 2010 11:06 PM BST
  • Hi Janis,

You are most welcome to celebrate our Labor/Labour Day if you don't mind we North Americans having a wee sip of single malt to celebrate St. Andrews Day in November.

Best,
    Melody
    <p><span style="color: #800080;">Girls will be boys and boys will be girls It's a mixed up muddled up shook up world except for Lola Lo-lo-lo-lo Lola</span> - Ray Davies, The Kinks</p> <p><span style="color: #3366ff;">(S)he's a walking contradiction, partly truth and partly fiction</span> - Kris Kristofferson</p>
      September 6, 2010 11:29 PM BST

• Hey Melody, why not have a Wee Dram or 3 tae celebrate the Birth of the wee man Robert Burns......" The Bard of Ayrshire".....lol

lol xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    Anna-Marie
    "When the world gets in my face i say HAVE A NICE DAY"
      September 7, 2010 12:03 AM BST
  • Hi Anna-Marie,

We do venerate the great poet, Robden of Solway Firth (or Bobbie Burns as my Irish teacher used to call him) especially "Auld Lang Syne" a serious New Year's Day tradition on this side of the pond.

But St. Andrew's Day is two months sooner for the wee sip. I'll gladly celebrate both...

Best,
    Melody
      September 7, 2010 1:00 AM BST
  • ::sigh:: I had's to work labor day....
      September 7, 2010 5:05 AM BST
  • I don't really need the excuse of a holiday to enjoy single malt.
    Although I did know a guy from Glasgow who used to carry a small diary that listed an excuse for celebration for every day of the year.
    I remember sitting in the pub and shouting over to him, "What are we celebrating today Wullie?"
    He whipped out his little book, fingered through it, raised his glass and shouted, "The Battle of Little Bighorn!"
      September 7, 2010 10:52 AM BST
    Janis _ I like that sounds like my kind of pub.
    hugs
    Gracie
    <p>If it isn't fun - don't do it.</p>
      September 7, 2010 4:01 PM BST
  • LOL Janis!!!
    <p>Traci</p>
      September 7, 2010 4:14 PM BST