A Night at the Roxbury

• 2127 posts
    October 21, 2010 11:22 AM BST
    Hi girls, I've started this thread so you can comment on Michelle Hart's column this month - A Night At The Roxbury.

Over to you...

Hugs, Katie x

• 1912 posts
    October 21, 2010 11:12 PM BST
    Thanks for starting the thread Katie, God knows I would be scared to death to start another one here about a Michelle Hart column.

I'm a little more critical of the latest column. Michelle used a lot of words to finally get to the point at the end, "Stop trying to pass." Her column starts out about those who don't even care about passing and discounts them, but next focuses on those who try to be something they are not. Apparently that is how the title "A Night at the Roxbury" fits in. A movie about a couple of guys trying to make others believe they are something that they obviously are not.

I'm not knocking anyone here, I don't know you, never seen you out in person, so I can't begin to critique anyone. I think what Michelle was trying to say here is don't be so stubborn that something has to be a certain way that you miss the big picture. Michelle went as far as to say not all GGs pass all the time. The thing is they are believable. It is not your voice, it is not your clothes, it is not your makeup. It is the package deal and how you convey yourself, with how you convey yourself being the most important.

I don't have all the answers, but I would suggest when in doubt, be yourself. Would you prefer to be called a manly looking gal, or a guy in a dress? The clothes and makeup don't make a gal, you do.

Hugs,
    Marsha