Forum » Gender Society Public Forums » Polly Ticks » Water boarding What if?

Water boarding What if?

Tags : None
  • While I'm certainly glad Bin Laden is dead, in a way I think he won. The US turned it's back on it's principles and the chances we'll ever know what actually happed in that compound are nonexistant, it's pretty clear that it was a state sponsored murder or assassination.

I understand why: what do you do with a live Bin Laden, where do you try him, what new terrorist attacks would be done in retaliation for that trial, and there would have been endless political prices to pay no matter how Obama pursued it. A series of no win situations.

And therein lies the rub, do you do what is politically expedient or do you follow your principles no matter what?

<p><span style="color: #800080;">Girls will be boys and boys will be girls It's a mixed up muddled up shook up world except for Lola Lo-lo-lo-lo Lola</span> - Ray Davies, The Kinks</p> <p><span style="color: #3366ff;">(S)he's a walking contradiction, partly truth and partly fiction</span> - Kris Kristofferson</p>
      May 23, 2011 7:51 PM BST
  • I'm not rejoicing that he's dead, but think the world is a better place without him.   his god will judge him for his henious crimes.    I don't think the Americans had any choice, Its my personal opinion they have carried out an expediant and justified mission enacting revenge for all those innocents killed on their own soil.    War is war, soldier against soldier enemies, What make a terrorist different is deliberately slaughtering innocent people and celebrating their deaths.    Obama played it right as far as i'm concered, he displayed no glee or jubilation. just a matter of fact that in some small way justice was done.

Cristine Jennifer Shye.  B/L.  B/Acc
      May 23, 2011 11:36 PM BST
  • Imagine there's no Heaven
    It's easy if you try
    No hell below us
    Above us only sky
    Imagine all the people
    Living for today

Imagine there's no countries
    It isn't hard to do
    Nothing to kill or die for
    And no religion too
    Imagine all the people
    Living life in peace

You may say that I'm a dreamer
    But I'm not the only one
    I hope someday you'll join us
    And the world will be as one

Imagine no possessions
    I wonder if you can
    No need for greed or hunger
    A brotherhood of man
    Imagine all the people
    Sharing all the world

You may say that I'm a dreamer
    But I'm not the only one
    I hope someday you'll join us
    And the world will live as one

This post was edited by Princess Layla at August 1, 2011 10:03 PM BST
      August 1, 2011 9:58 PM BST
  • I gave up on this thread,  I thought it had been suspended.  The people doing most of the shouting avoided the question, which was directed at each individual on a what if basis.    dragging the thread into a pitiful abuse of peoples right to an honest opinion.    Typical example of why some people avoid the forums, it was a fair and logical question.     I made it quite clear and riterated the point it was not an us and them topic, it was about personal morality and would you think differently if you as an individual were directly affected.

Cristine Jennifer Shye.  B/L.  B/Acc
      August 1, 2011 10:30 PM BST
  • I think its fair to say I'd rather claw my own face off than get involved in this sort of rubbish.

Conflict doesnt belong on this site.

August 1, 2011 11:26 PM BST
  • torture will only make these people more angry, especially if some of them are innocent and without a trial. These men will have this trauma for the rest of their lives and will seek revenge, and each time they talk about the torture on tv or internet, this breeds more hate. It's the same as hitting a naughty child, we only show violence to be copied later. What happens to many abused kids, they grow up, and many want revenge. I just think that torture is not the way to go.
      October 24, 2012 12:14 PM BST