Mons pubis ...

• 734 posts
    November 28, 2010 11:44 PM GMT
    I didn't have the foggiest idea where to insert this post. So, as the mons pubis is very susceptible to hormones I thought this'd be as good a home as any. Feel free to move it ...
    Of all the changes that hormones would make to my body - skin, hair, breasts et al - I had overlooked the mons pubis. This is the mound of fat that protects the pubic bone during intercourse. I'd always had a small version, sort of mons pubis lite if you will, but hadn't thought that almost a year and a half of HRT would present me with the fuller version.
    Obviously it has and, even more obviously, I'm very happy about it.
    I don't know why it has made me so happy. I guess it's just another step forward. Just one little adjustment left to make ...
    • 1912 posts
    November 28, 2010 11:58 PM GMT
    Honestly Rae, I don't think I had ever given that thought, but I think you just might be right. I'm not sure how to describe things, but when I adjust things I see a crease that I'm not sure was always there. Maybe others have paid more attention and can confirm that.
    Hugs,
    Marsha

p.s. I would say this is the right forum for your thread.

• 734 posts
    November 29, 2010 12:28 AM GMT
    Lol, Marsha, first and foremost for the benefit of all readers I would like to state clearly I love you to bits. [That is in answer to the recently suspended thread] [Don't worry if you don't follow!]

It's something I'd never paid any attention to. And I bet most natal females couldn't describe it either. It's the mound of flesh between your legs which, in a female, sites the vagina at its crown. Most guys don't have it - it's unnessesary for them - but some, like the old me, will have a small 'bump'. However it is now very pronounced and unmistakeable. And I haven't got the faintest idea in how else to describe it. Google images may help. It's something you can see clearly on the naked torso.

It might be - and I haven't the slightest idea - something thats created in surgery. It wouldn't be the first time my body has done it's own thing. And talking of which, my best wishes and love to you for the fast approaching day ...
    Hugs 'n' stuff
    Rae xx
  • November 29, 2010 3:11 AM GMT
    hiya rae.
    must say now you have made me look yes there is a pronounced fullness in that area must get to the gym b4 the goats hoof gets bigger lol which way shall i exercise i wonder or not bother and stay in here............. stay here me thinks...........big hus x sabini
    • 734 posts
    November 29, 2010 2:31 PM GMT
    Hi Sabini,
    I think it's one of those unexpected and little noticed details. I suspect the reason it has brought me so much pleasure is that I cannot imagine any further changes that my body can make without the surgeons aid. That strange little growth I was born with looks even stranger sitting lazily atop the mons pubis. So I see it almost like my body saying 'ok, Rae, job done prepare for the next step'. In every other way I'm completely female. [How different, indeed, from when I first joined the old Trannyweb and felt quite happy being neither gender. Anyone remember that?]. The trepidition I feel about the prospect of such invasive surgery has noticeably lessened. With that latest little change to my body, surgery is seeming more and more logical and natural. My trepidition comes entirely from the fact I've never spent so much as a day in hospital and never had any surgery of any kind. So it's a big step but one that I'm getting drawn closer and closer to.
    Love your signature line, by the way, totally agree!
    Rae x

[If anyone wants to see what I looked like along my transitioning, feel free to go to my website and click on 'gallery']
    • 1912 posts
    November 29, 2010 3:38 PM GMT
    Rae, it might really just be part of the redistribution of body fat from the mid section to below the belt. Although I have always been slender, I still experienced quite a bit of body fat redistribution. In regards to you never having experienced a day in the hospital, nor had I until my sinus/nose surgery this past spring. Maybe because it was something I was eager to have, I did not experience the anxiety that I have heard other people over time discuss. Once again, now only days away from my SRS, I don't really feel any anxiety. I'm excited it will soon happen, yet I am confident and at peace with it being the right thing for me.
    Hugs,
    Marsha
    • 734 posts
    November 29, 2010 6:22 PM GMT
    Absolutely, Marsha, it's redistributed fat. It's also moving more to my thighs and bum giving me a slighter better defined overall shape.
    I think I probably 'know' you more than any other person who's gone for the op and I find myself feeling so excited for you! As I said on your thread it seems like last week you were wondering who was best for your surgery...
    Much love
    Rae x