Party Time!

• 2127 posts
    December 1, 2010 5:06 PM GMT
    As you probably know, we will soon be leaving this old higgeldy-piggeldy site behind when we move to our shiny new community web site. I thought it might be fun to celebrate by having a cheese and wine party in the chat room this Sunday evening. There's no theme as such - it's just an excuse to have a few drinks with some good friends.

Dress up or dress down, whichever you prefer. Maybe that little black dress and heels or just jeans and a t-shirt - it doesn't matter.

Shall we say 9pm your time in the chat room? Bring some wine and of course, some cheese too.

Hugs, Katie x
  • December 1, 2010 5:59 PM GMT
    Great!
    An excuse to buy a new posh frock.
    (Any excuse!)
    • 27 posts
    December 2, 2010 3:09 AM GMT
    Humm Wine! black dress how could you say no to that. But 9-00PM my time is "shirly " to quote the late leslie Neilson. 4-00AM your time Katie?? That would also be the first time in 10 years i would be in the chat room!!

Hugs Jane
    • 2127 posts
    December 2, 2010 11:12 AM GMT
    Obviously it would be silly to ask people to come to a cheese and wine party at 4am or whatever. That's why I made it 9pm your time. That way there should be plenty of people around from your own time zone, instead of being tucked up in bed. Hope to see you there.

Hugs, Katie x

PS Bring some friends
    PPS Please spread the word
  • December 6, 2010 3:49 AM GMT
    Melody, I'm sorry you feel that way. I have never seen anyone being treated bad in chat when I am there.
    I'm usually there most Saturday nights, and there's always a bunch of great gurls, who I know for a fact love to chat with everyone. Please don't give up on us.
  • December 6, 2010 10:00 AM GMT
    Sorry to hear about your chat room experience as well Melody.
    If you introduced yourself and then were repeatedly ignored then that's just plain ignorance, no excuses.
    I'm not a big fan of chat rooms but in the few times if been in I've always found the other girls I've talked to very pleasant.
    • 2358 posts
    December 6, 2010 11:18 AM GMT
    My humble and sincere apologies to Melody, I broke my own rules about private conversations in the general chat room. I got involved in a conversation with Katie, about ideas for raising much needed funds to keep the site going. Also getting more information about the new site, to pass on to others, over the last few days, several people , some who knew nothing about the new site, Those that never use the forums, Its certainly not a clique in the chat room. I am sorry, I did not pay ,more attention to what was going on, one moment there were quite a few people chatting away, then suddenly Melody was on her own, a feeling I know only to well when there are only three of us in there and two conduct god only knows what conversations. Melody, I admire you very much and was so pleased to see you in there, please do not let this one off stupid oversight and lack of thinking put you off from making further visits to the chat room.
    • 2127 posts
    December 6, 2010 12:03 PM GMT
    My apologies Melody. I'm the one who distracted Cristine, who would normally have been Miss Socialite 2010. I don't visit the chat room myself very often, mainly because whenever I'm there, many people seem to clam up and feel they can't be themselves. I guess it's a bit like the headmistress coming into the class room, so I keep away.

It was nice to have a chance to chat last night though and I think I'll try to do so more often, if that doesn't cause a problem for the regulars.

On the new site, the PM feature is part of the site so there's no need to go into the chat room to have personal conversations with friends. That means that the days when a you could come into the chat room and find everyone deep in PM conversation, will be gone at last.

Once again, I'm sorry Melody and hope you will give chat another chance.

Thanks and hugs, Katie x
    • 1017 posts
    December 6, 2010 1:24 PM GMT
    Hi All,

I truly regret saying "Chat seems to be for an elite, everyone else be damned.." That was the Chardonnay (it was a wine & cheese event) talking. And no one owes me an apology, that wasn't my point.

As one girl who found herself alone with me in the chatroom said, "I'm so bored I'd rather fold laundry" after about a minute and a half.

I'm love the forums, I'm just not a chat person.

Best,
    Melody
    • 2127 posts
    December 5, 2010 4:06 PM GMT
    Don't forget our Cheese Wine party at 9pm in the chat room tonight. I'll be there for the first hour (UK time) and I will be able to answer any questions you have about our new site, which is now immanent.

Hugs, Katie x
    • 1017 posts
    December 6, 2010 2:29 AM GMT
    Hi Katie,

I know that 9pm local time was the set time for the wine and cheese, but since I'd been up since 3am, I was not going to be able to join in chat at 9pm my local time. When I joined chat and few pleasantries had been exchanged I found myself with a couple of very nice girls who had no idea no idea that there was an event going on. The girls who were there for the TGS new site were in a personal chat.

The last time I logged into chat there were two members there were involved in a personal exchange. I tried to occasionally make a comment, but I was totally ignored, after an hour or so I gave up and logged out.

Chat seems to be for an elite, everyone else be damned..

I know I'm not the most interesting person here, but I've gotten the message I am not welcome in chat. I won't inflict myself any more.

Best,
    Melody
    • 252 posts
    December 7, 2010 2:15 AM GMT
    Link for the new chat room? I had it but now I don't...

Z
    • 181 posts
    December 6, 2010 10:28 PM GMT
    So mabye leave the existing site alone then ????????????? ellen
    • 734 posts
    December 6, 2010 8:05 PM GMT
    Oddly enough, Melody, I never bother with chat for the opposite reason! I only went in the chat room once or twice - when i first joined - and there were so many people gabbling away I found it impossible to follow a conversation. Never bothered since. Like you, I'm not really a 'chat' person and would much rather chat in the forums ...
    Rae xx