Gender Society Silver/Gold Pendant

• 2127 posts
    December 2, 2010 3:45 PM GMT
    A few years back we had some cool pendants and earrings made for our members in silver and gold. It's been some time since then and so I was wondering if we should bring them back? Would anyone buy them if we did?

It would cost quite a lot for me to organise this because we would have to buy a minimum quantity to make them as inexpensive as possible for our members so I need to be sure that this is something you want. If there's enough interest then we'll go ahead.

There are a couple of photos of the pendants we had before, below.

Over to you.

Hugs, Katie x

• 1017 posts
    December 2, 2010 4:50 PM GMT
    Hi Katie,

If they were inexpensive enough to fit in my budget, I'd be interested.

Best,
    Mellie
    • 2127 posts
    December 2, 2010 6:20 PM GMT
    I think the pendants were about US$19.99 and they came with a silver chain in a velvety pouch too. I'm not exactly how much they will cost four years on but I'd guess that it won't be too much more.

One thing that happened last time though, was that a lot of people said they wanted one so I had a heap made and then they didn't buy them after all and I was left with a big pile of silver pendants. I did sell them all eventually but it took a year or so.

Maybe this time we'll go down the pre-order route, where people place definite orders for what they want. That way, I'd be happy to have other matching jewellery made, like earrings, bracelets, bangles and so on. We could offer earrings for both pierced and unpierced ears too.

Is that a plan?

Hugs, Katie x
    • 734 posts
    December 2, 2010 6:59 PM GMT
    I would certainly give it some consideration ...
    Rae xx
    • 1017 posts
    December 2, 2010 7:59 PM GMT
    Hi Katie,

For that price (or it's current equivalent) I'd commit to a silvertone and a goldtone when available.

I don't know anything about retail, but I'd guess that there must be a break even point where the number of pre-orders would justify a longer run for those who decide they want one later.

Have you thought of TGS rings? I realize the number of sizes needed probably would cause more headaches, but I'd love to have one.

Best,
    Mellie
    • 2127 posts
    December 2, 2010 9:08 PM GMT
    I need to do some research and get some idea of the cost. We had a friendly silversmith last time, who was happy to charge us the cost price. He's not here anymore though, so I need to look around.

I'm not sure about rings but we could certainly do pendants and earrings and also bracelets, in both silver and gold. I think polished steel could look really nice too. Let me ask around.

In the meantime, it would be useful to know who's interested.

A show of hands please...

Hugs, Katie x
  • December 3, 2010 2:11 AM GMT
    I am willing to buy if the price is aobut what you mentioned plus the time,inflation etc.. I would be willing to prepay

Brenda
  • December 3, 2010 2:48 AM GMT
    I like the pendant symbol combination.
    I'm not sure if it would work as earrings though.
    • 364 posts
    December 3, 2010 3:56 AM GMT
    I am still wearing my silver pendant although the pouch looks the worst for wear. The current price of gold might put those beyond
    many members' budgets. I would also like to see an improvement in the quality.
    • 110 posts
    December 3, 2010 8:38 AM GMT
    Hi Katie.I too would be interested in the pendant. I would also prepay. I love the design. Please keep me informed of cost ect if you decide to go ahead. Take care love Lillith x
    • 252 posts
    December 3, 2010 2:55 PM GMT
    At that price, I'd certainly be interested.

Z
    • 1980 posts
    December 3, 2010 5:03 PM GMT
    Hi Katie-

My pendant has gone astray, though I have a feeling that I may discover it one of these days in one of my purses or something. Still, I'd love to replace, I wore my old one all the time and got lots of comments on it, though I did have somebody ask me if it was a skate-key.<lol> You can date yourself if you even know what a skate-key is.

So, anyway, yes, I would love to get a new one or perhaps two and earrings to go with, depending on how the earrings turn out.

And as always, Katie, thanks for all you do for us that most of us are completely unaware of. Best wishes to you and yours for a wonderful Holiday Season.

Hugs...Joni Mari