Forum » Gender Society Public Forums » General Forum » First Hose Question

First Hose Question

Tags : None
  • O.K., I'll ask the first hose question. I know some women who keep hose (usually pantyhose) in the freezer or refrigerator because it supposedly keeps them from getting runs so easily. Is there any validity to this claim?
      July 2, 2003 2:13 AM BST
  • I am afraid I can't provide any scientific evidence that proves freezing your hosiery will make it last longer! However, having done a bit of research I have found several claims that freezing your new hosiery in its packaging before use for the first time seems to successfully extend its life. Washing your hosiery on a COOL temperature by hand or in a hosiery bag before you wear them is my top tip as this loosens and softens the fibres. I also always wear lotion on my hands and feet to stop snagging the hosiery when putting it on! Hope this helps....
      July 3, 2003 10:47 AM BST
  • dear shirley thats exactly what i do ,every time i put on my stockings i always put hand lotion and i file down the rough skin on my cuticles.then i put on my stockings,i also keep them in the little bags they come in when you buy them.i also try to keep my legs shaved so they slip on very silkly love and kisses phylis anne
      July 23, 2003 4:48 PM BST