Interesting Documentary

• January 21, 2011 10:45 PM GMT
    Rubbish stupid video that you lose nothing by not being allowed to see it.
    The John Allen of the title uses Tourette's Syndrome as an excuse for being totally obnoxious.
  • January 21, 2011 10:57 PM GMT
    I agree Rose.
    I'm no fan of the monarchy but that moron was completely out of order.
    • 43 posts
    January 21, 2011 11:32 PM GMT
    It is sad sensationalist rubbish done by a tosser who was/is a drunk, drug addict and awful father.

The TG element is a minor sideshow.

It's car crash TV.

Then again it is from the freekshow documentary series done by that Channel.

Other than that it's great.
  • January 21, 2011 11:44 PM GMT
    I can't see it here in Germany either. However, the bad guys are MSN (ie Microsoft) so we need to blame Bill Gates for that.

Femmy
    • 43 posts
    January 21, 2011 11:56 PM GMT
    Another thing to dislike them for! :-)

I'll have a go at capturing it if anyone is desperate to see it but as it's Silverlight which few people use, there probably little software available!
  • January 22, 2011 12:04 AM GMT
    Girls, it really isn't worth watching.....the guys was a fake as a youngster and the family still seem to be fakes now! Lauren looks a fairly convincing, if a pretty scary, woman!
  • January 22, 2011 12:53 AM GMT
    Without even viewing this film its just gotta be the antiques kid . Well if you thought that was train wreck tv try thisd for size ... her insightful comments on 9 year old transexual girls with a little gem at the end ...

http://www.youtube.com/wa[...]YxoPTtI
  • January 21, 2011 9:29 PM GMT
    I can remember her as an incredibly scary "boy genius" like something out of the "Children of the dammed"
    • 1980 posts
    January 21, 2011 8:34 PM GMT
    Hi Katie-

I tried it over here in the upper left corner of the USofA and it won't allow me to view it either. Hopefully it will be available in some other context. As to your question as to whether some people find transexualism offensive, sadly, some do, though I really have no idea what the statistics might be.

For some, certainly, they find it offensive because they lump anything that falls outside the neatly checked M or F boxes as being wrong. Homophobes tend to assume that if you don't look, act and dress to the stereotypical gender role assigned to you by society, you must be gay or lesbian or some sort of deviant. Of course, not to be too cynical, many people don't need much of an excuse to take offense and hate someone over something that doesn't even really impact them. Oh well, as von Schiller said, "Against stupidity, the gods themselves contend in vain."

Hugs...Joni Mari
    • 2127 posts
    January 20, 2011 9:19 PM GMT
    Here a link to an interesting documentary with the actor, Keith Allen (Lily's dad)...

http://video.uk.msn.com/w[...]sqg0rc

It think it was made a few years back but have never seen it until now. It's about a transsexual person who has spent most of her life in the public eye. In many ways it's very sad. See what you think.

I also think it's odd that the producers thought they should put a message on the screen at the beginning to warn people that...

"This content contains material that some may find offensive".

Yet, there's no nudity or swearing or anything I could see that could be thought of as offensive at all, except that the film is about a transsexual. Is that it? Do they think that transsexuals are offensive?

Anyway, take a look if you have time. It's a fairly interesting watch.

Hugs, Katie x
  • January 21, 2011 1:35 PM GMT
    The Bastards won't let me watch this in Australia say's it;s not available for viewing on my region!!!!!!
    • 10 posts
    January 21, 2011 2:33 PM GMT
    Hi Katie,

I'm here in the Eastern US and tried the link but looks like it is blocked here too or as posted on that website " Not Available In Your Area" . Thanks for the info though. Maybe it will show up on You Tube sometime split up int smaller episodes. Thanks for trying!

Hugs!

Ginger M.