Life outside the tranny world

• February 16, 2011 1:58 AM GMT
    Some of My FB friends know I"m TG but I do have 2 diffrent personal accounts One as my drab self & the other as my TG self. On my Drab account only 1 knows about my other self. Due to certin reasions at home & with in my state where TG discrimination is 100% leagle I have to stay hidden. That does not make any one a fake its called being careful.
  • February 9, 2011 12:25 PM GMT
    Hi Glo

I have used FB to manage my "coming out".

My Lana profile now has 63 friends. Including 26 cisgendered friends (17 female, 10 male) in common with my "Bob" profile.

My aim is to be "trans and proud" in the real world.

Lana XxxX
    • 23 posts
    February 10, 2011 4:10 PM GMT
    Ok this is going off topic... I don't want to discuss my personal TG thing... I'm at peace with that...I was looking at how some members seem to live in the TG world... and only have other TG friends... and don't get to interact with folks in the main stream world...

• 734 posts
    February 10, 2011 5:02 PM GMT
    Glo, I was responding your own comment and seeking clarification. Can't see how that can be off-topic!
    • 734 posts
    February 9, 2011 11:17 PM GMT
    Not being disparaging, Glo, I read what you said. But now you've well and truly bamboozled me: 'as I said I was TS..... and was way out there... at home and at work... and did it for 11 years.. but it was never enough'. What on earth do you mean by that? What more can you possibly have? What do you feel is missing? I'm not having a go hunni, I'm genuinely confused!
    • 43 posts
    February 9, 2011 11:32 PM GMT
    Not really two people just two sides to the same person.
    • 23 posts
    February 8, 2011 11:44 PM GMT
    So Chrissy it's like you are 2 different people on one body?
    • 734 posts
    February 8, 2011 7:08 PM GMT
    Interesting question Glo. I would have thought that many are interacting with others as themselves. I certainly do and view being transgendered as simply one small aspect of me as a human ...
    • 23 posts
    February 8, 2011 3:57 PM GMT
    I'm looking at a lot of members on TG sites.... and looking to see how being a tranny relates to being in the real world. Now there are some that are real... some that are stealth. and some that just are fakers... for what ever reason can't or wont come out... now I'm out there... as Glo... and my male self ... and have made friends with everyday folks on non Tranny sites as me.. and they know all about me... who I am what I am my real nane and everything... Some here .. have met me in person here in the USA and in the UK... and on line..

the reason I'm posting this is to see who is out there!!! in the real world.. as you and who you are... I was looking on Facebook.. and see the tranny world there... but if you look at the friends lists it's all trannys..

my big question is are you missing the rest of the world?.

• 734 posts
    February 9, 2011 12:25 AM GMT
    So, what we're doing here imho is highlighting another difference between CD and TS? Not in a bad way, it's an interesting discussion. The way of life is somewhat different for both [although it can overlap]. CD's can have the 'luxury' of fluidity. Of slipping between male and female mode. TS, if you're following the hormone regimen, pretty quickly appreciate they don't have that option. Albeit we may not want it. For example, I have breasts. Whilst I consider them petite, they cannot be hidden. I live my life as 'Rae'. Online and on terra firma. It's the only option. Not that I'm complaining mind ...
    • 23 posts
    February 9, 2011 1:55 AM GMT
    as I said I was TS..... and was way out there... at home and at work... and did it for 11 years.. but it was never enough
    • 23 posts
    February 8, 2011 11:18 PM GMT
    Zoe!! that's great.... I think you are strong to make the commitment to live full time... I did for 11 years... and gave it up to be kinda of half and half... Now I'm still Glo... but don't feel the need to get dressed each day... I do so when I go out... but no longer at work...so I went from TS back to CD... and am happier ... you know what they say,,, be careful what you wish for...But that's what worked for me...
    • 43 posts
    February 8, 2011 11:21 PM GMT
    I have both types of account and have quite a few real world friends who know about Chrissy. I live in the real world but keep a degree of separation.

I will admit that I keep much of it separate but thats choice rather than hiding. The hair cut, nails, eyebrows and Pandora bracelet are a bit of a give away if you look and see. Most people look but don't see unless you tell them. :-)

I wouldn't want my professional life in my TV world but that's because I'm not TG nor do I see it as that important. I'm pretty sure that the majority of my real world friends would be cool with it but don't want to go through that.

As someone put it to me today - that's for narrow minded people - and most of the people I know aren't!

• February 8, 2011 10:52 PM GMT

I changed my mind, no comment.

Becca
    • 252 posts
    February 8, 2011 10:18 PM GMT
    Well, not sure if I was clear before. I've lived fulltime for a long, long time (long, long, long, long) Everyone knows me as a girl. Some know me as a trans girl. Thus ends the clarification...

Z
    • 23 posts
    February 8, 2011 9:29 PM GMT
    Hi Zoe, I don't have a personal Facebook account,, I use FB for business... and friends of that business... you are welcome to join our fan page... at http://www.facebook.com/h[...]8605800

It is known there that I am TG... but I do not talk about TG issues there... that is what this site is for... as I said being TG is only part of who I am not everything I am... my main focus is not being TG... but being the best person I can .. at 57 I know who I am... and thanks to this site can fit in with the rest of the world... is that not our goal?
    • 308 posts
    February 8, 2011 7:34 PM GMT
    Interesting Glo,
    I for one most definitely interact on both sides of the spectrum. It lends a helping hand to the GP that really most of the time want to learn what is really going on with us. Things seem to have gone more from the OMG to a learning phase. As far as face book, I just do not desire to keep up with that, I think that it is more of an age thing. I just met a man Sat nite at the Lagerhouse ( straight. bar) here in Detroit, and he was so interested in our life style that he asked me about my face book ID, like he say's it is a great way of communicating, but I just do not want to go there.
    Huggs...Tammy
    • 23 posts
    February 8, 2011 8:36 PM GMT
    Yes I see what you are saying... as I'n not new to this site and have been here a long time... I see that there is more in life then just being a tranny... I would think the world is a big place.. so much to see, learn and do... Just being a TG is only a part of who we are...
    • 252 posts
    February 8, 2011 9:14 PM GMT
    Hey Glo,

I only talk about my TS status online. My friends know about my status, this extends to the few FB friends I do have. My name is Zoey Sloane. Feel free to add me if you wish.

Z
  • February 15, 2011 8:27 AM GMT
    You know, there are times that we cus ourselves....betray ourselves, but within all of the turmoil there gleemes a brighter day. We need to forgive ourseolves when we turn on the inside. I've been there and it's no fun. I have thrown myself away so many times just to find that I was just in a cloud of hell. I was paying attention to " society"and what was acceptable to folks that were miserable in their own lives.....all the while.....I had been content. I had allowed the "miserey" of society to lay out the gameplan of my life. WRONG!!! Ladies.....it's on the "inside". Love speaks in no set path....but a winding road.
    • 530 posts
    February 14, 2011 12:00 AM GMT
    I have a Facebook account.
    And I would say I have a fairly mixed bunch of friends there, social, work, trans and family - including some of my sons friends.
    And they are all aware of who I am and was, so maybe I am one of the exceptions that proves a rule?
    • 734 posts
    February 14, 2011 12:39 AM GMT
    Pretty much the same Sue. My facebook is for friends, family, TG, non-TG, even fellow Exeter City supporters my picture is plastered on the homepage and anybody who wants to be added knows who and what I am. As far as I'm concerned that's normal and the usual state of affairs ... xx
  • February 15, 2011 2:00 AM GMT
    The Fakers as you call the is very offensive to me as I can't be as you put it "Be out there in the real world as who I am." Where I live if you come out as a tranny if you are working you can & most likley be fired they will make up some excuse but still its TG discrimination! Also I HAVE NO SUPPORT. You say so move yeah A LOT easear said then done! When you don't have a job can't get a job going to school to get a diffrent job & no money to move. Then I GUSS I'm one of your FAKERS as you call it but I know diffrently I sugest you rephrase you question!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    • 871 posts
    February 14, 2011 5:04 PM GMT

Hiya, interesting thread.

My life has certainly changed since I have been living as Penny but not because I am Penny, but because the economy collapsed. I'm sure that when I recover financially I will buy another motor bike and go to biker rallies, get totally drunk and head bang to rock music. There will be one significant difference though, I will be with the girls getting my tits out for the boys! lol

For the most part, all my real friends have been fabulous. A few idiots, family included, have decided not to accept my new identity, but least they didnt hold back with their bigoted views and eventually stopped talking to me, which was for the best.

I wouldnt say there is any right or wrong way to live ones life. I think it is important to live ones life in happiness however that maybe. I quite admire people who manage to live a dual existence. I just couldnt, so for me, its a like it or lump it situation.

The only thing that concerns me is when I hear transgendered people talking about keeping things secretive and stealth or behind closed doors, and to me, that signals that there is something to be ashamed of which is the wrong kind of message I think people should be sending out or sharing. But thats me and I certainly wouldnt say anyone’s choices in life are wrong, I would just try to encourage people to push the limits of their boundaries because sometimes i feel some people put themselves into psychological prisons.

Much Love
    Penny
    x
    • 42 posts
    February 25, 2011 6:06 PM GMT
    I just love the way your mind works penny