The Great UK Sell Off

• February 5, 2011 12:16 AM GMT
    Wow stunning topic! One close to my heart. Clegg a Labour Mole? Anything could be true these days....Vichy, Quisling, Rexist. I think any name associated with a collaborator for a fascist regime, a turn coat, a liar, a betrayer, a supporter of criminal behaviour. Remember people are being murdered in our name by these inhuman vile stone cold evil people. The sell off of our forests is tiny compared to what they are capable of.There are tons of petitions and action groups all over the country trying hard to resist this sell off and I urge people to support them, although I can't imagine that if 1,000,000 of us marching on London to protest against a criminal war made no difference that this actually will. If anyone should see Clegg the Cameron Twink or Double Dip himself, ask him to say "Hi" to Moloch when he is next in the "Grove"
  • February 4, 2011 10:24 PM GMT
    I think Clegg is a tory at heart. He was in the young conservatives association at whichever of oxford or cambridge he went to, albeit for a short time. He also was spotted by and worked for Leon Brittan (the conservative minister) in the EU in his early days.

My guess is to what will happen is that Before the next General Election, the Lib Dems will get rid of Nick Clegg as the leader, seperate from the Conservatives, blame everything that has happened in this coalition on Clegg and hope the country forgives them.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Clegg working for the Conservatives in some role in the future.

As to the libdems. They've taken their best shot with this coalition and it will take decades for them to recover. Left leaning Liberals will not trust them in the future, concerned that their vote will be sold to the conservatives again, right leaning libdems will think why vote for the monkey, when you can vote for the organ grinder. This will leave only the core libdems left which is a small minority.

I hope they enjoy their moment in the limelight

• 871 posts
    February 4, 2011 2:41 PM GMT
    With my limited knowledge of politics, arent thegovernment supposed to be accountable for every penny of tax payers cash they waste <cough> i mean, spend wisely?

I wonder how much tax payers cash gets spent on qwango's compared to say 20 or 30 years ago. We seem to be taxed more yet get less for our tax pound. Seems like some people have invented jobs to have them kept at tax payers expense.

A good tell would be to see if administration costs of the government have increased over the years in comparison to other expenses.
  • January 31, 2011 4:03 PM GMT
    Should our new government sell off National Heritage sites? The forest of Dene, The New Forest. It cost apparently 10M a year for the upkeep of the national owned forests, If it was sold off to private enterprise, how long would it be before it was a run down dump yard or a pikey site. Then getting tax payers money as subsidies, like Rail track, the water board etc. How long before private owners were getting back handed planning permission to level great swathes of forests and turning them into ugly recreation leisure centers . or building permission for blocks of flats, offices etc.. This is common land, under the Magna Carter it was put in trust for the common people with rights of access and rights of way. All the national industries and public services like The Gas Board, Telephones, Railways were all once owned by the people, subsidised by the tax payer into profitability as soon as they became profitable they were sold off. Whereas they could have been kept going and the profit used to invest in pensions and the health service and other needy cash strapped institutions.. Grrrrrrrrrrrr
  • February 1, 2011 8:13 AM GMT
    Nothing this coalition government does surprises me. Nick Clegg should be ashamed of himself, he has effectively destroyed the Lib. Dems. by getting into bed with Dave Cameron and forsaking pre-election manifesto promises. He has guaranteed a Labour government at the next general election.
    Sorry if this is slightly off topic Cristine.
  • February 1, 2011 8:20 AM GMT
    I just had a thought. Do you think Clegg could be a Labour "Mole"?
    Did he do a deal with Gordon Brown to join Cameron and destroy the Lib Dems and the Tories?
    Will he join the Labour party in a ministerial capacity when they sweep to power at the next general election?
    Am I a conspiracy theorist?
    Well if I am I'm certainly not telling you lot!
    • 308 posts
    February 1, 2011 6:59 AM GMT
    Wow Christine, what next. I have to wonder what the big picture is behind all this...could it be money. I thought the U.S. had the corner market on greed.
    But I do not know if your aware of this situation here in the states. I think this may exist in the UK, The world Heritage Act...

Keep the Statue of Liberty Free: An Argument for Congressional Oversight of U.N. Land Designations in the U.S....Link below!

When I tell people here about this they think I am crazy, and that OUR GREAT COUNTRY would not do that.....one has to think about what this is all about.......money, control or both, or another part of this new world order we keep hearing about? One must ponder, the big picture.
    Tammy

http://www.nationalcenter[...]19.html
    • 110 posts
    January 31, 2011 5:50 PM GMT
    Well said Christine. I agree with you 100%. Selling to the private sector was a mistake in the past and will be a mistake now. More than ever now we could do with the profits we could have got from the water,railways ect