just a quickie!

• January 11, 2011 5:40 AM GMT
    hi girls
    just a quickie, has anyone got any tips for removing the glue from your own fingernails after you have removed the false nails you love so much to use?
    look forward to hearing form you.
  • January 11, 2011 9:34 AM GMT
    Soak them in acetone, but better still soak your nails in acetone while they're still glued on to your fingers to loosen them without pulling them off while still dry, (sounds like torture!).
    Or best of all go to a nail bar and get them applied and removed professionally, ( another girly pleasure I love).
    • 871 posts
    January 17, 2011 5:30 PM GMT
    I buy acetone free remover, i'm not sure if they still allow the sale of acetone here, isnt it a solvent? I would probably be sniffing it instead of using as a remover lol Anyway, a really good tip I picked up is to put on a layer of a clear hardener before applying nail polish. The nail hardener usually comes with vitimins and stuff which is good for the nail and when you come to remove the nail polish, all the colour is removed compared to having slightly stained nails and bit of colour stuck in places you cant seem to get at.

I hope someone find this a good idea

Love Penny
    x

• January 11, 2011 9:49 AM GMT
    minimum time soaking with acetone then a quick wash in warm sopay water to stop the acetone dissolving the glue that holds the layers of nail together or else you'll have awful splitting nails.
    I never had problems with my nails when I was working in male engineering and hands were always oily/greasy but since retiring they split off constantly.
    • 2627 posts
    January 11, 2011 3:10 PM GMT
    What most don't know is that you have to use moisturizer on your nails. This helps stop splits & chips.
  • January 18, 2011 7:48 AM GMT
    that a great idea, i dont know why i didnt think of it myself, thank you penny