Forum » Gender Society Public Forums » Transgender Tips » Hands and Bracelets

Hands and Bracelets

Tags : None
  • Hi,
    Firstly, are there any effective ways to reduce or else conceal the size of "man" hands? Similarly, what to do about very obvious veins on the back of the hands? Thirdly, where can larger size bracelets and rings be found? The ones in the stores/shops are for "average" size wrists and hands.
    Thanks,
    Louise
      January 29, 2011 5:01 AM GMT
  • Hi Louise,
    You can find larger bracelets or bangles at Lane Bryant, it's a store for larger ladies.
    Covering large veins can be diminished by some makeup or finishing , bronzer powder, I am sure there are other ideas out there.
    I am fortunate, for having small hands. But I have noticed girls with longer finger nails seems to elongate the finger and give the illusion of a more feminine hand, and do not use to many rings to call attention to your hands, less is more. And you might want to have hair removal, if your serious about this area. I had all my hair removed on my hands and arms, this made a big difference.
    Hope this helps....Tammy

http://www.lanebryant.com/
    <p>A life without purpose, is a life without reason!</p> <p>&nbsp;</p> <p>&nbsp;myspace.com/tammybrianne</p>
      January 29, 2011 7:24 AM GMT
  • Hi Louise,

I too have rather large hands, though my wrists are on the skinny side. I look for bracelets that are hinged to put on, so you don't have to get them past the hand.

For line bracelets or chains you can buy inexpensive "extenders" that will give you up to an inch added to the circumference.

As for more rigid bracelets, like bangles (I love the sound of my bangles clattering as I move my hands) I can get ones that almost go over my knuckles and thumb by lubricating my hands with soupy water. They'll glide over to your wrist.

Best,
    Melody
    <p><span style="color: #800080;">Girls will be boys and boys will be girls It's a mixed up muddled up shook up world except for Lola Lo-lo-lo-lo Lola</span> - Ray Davies, The Kinks</p> <p><span style="color: #3366ff;">(S)he's a walking contradiction, partly truth and partly fiction</span> - Kris Kristofferson</p>
      January 29, 2011 2:17 PM GMT
  • Oh, I forgot to mention stretch bracelets (and rings) that are very popular right now. They'll fit most any wrist (or finger) since they are basically a gussied up elastic band that stretches to fit just about anyone.

Best,
    Mellie
    <p><span style="color: #800080;">Girls will be boys and boys will be girls It's a mixed up muddled up shook up world except for Lola Lo-lo-lo-lo Lola</span> - Ray Davies, The Kinks</p> <p><span style="color: #3366ff;">(S)he's a walking contradiction, partly truth and partly fiction</span> - Kris Kristofferson</p>
      January 29, 2011 2:28 PM GMT
    Hi everyone,
    I have HUGE hands from working outside (construction) most of my life - they are like catcher's mitts!

One thing I found is when using nail polish, i do not apply polish to teh whole nail - i leave maybe 1/16 inch on both sides to give the illusion of thinner fingers. I am staying away from bracelets, as much as would like to have them, as I think it would only draw attention to teh very thing I am trying to hide. Hope this helps!
    -Robin
      March 26, 2012 12:56 AM BST
  • Hi Louise

I found Evans to be good for larger sized jewellery and would also recommend the above comment of shaving off the hairs on your hand. sometime use a epilater for longer lasting effects

Gemma x
      April 29, 2012 8:23 PM BST