Now we have declared war on Libya

• March 20, 2011 3:00 PM GMT

Gadaffi is a despot dictator, clinging to the last strings of power.  BUT should we have intervened"    Some of these countries cannot handle democracy, too many factions and sects.    Are we now comitted to war over human rights issues"  Only to put in place another despot dictator, to organise so called rights and democracy,   Content to let things amble along in the same theme as long as we can kiss arse and get a contuance of the supply of oil?    How long will our soldiers be comitted to being on the ground once we have bombed the crap out of them.    Can we afford to be there, can we afford not to be.   We suck up to the Chinese, a nation notorious for lack of human rights, why don't we invade them? erm perhaps we know we would run out of cash and bullets before the Chinese ran out of soldiers.  

Are we the worlds bullies, trying to inflict our ideals on others? ideals that perhpas might not be applicable to the make up of some of these countries, taking into account their religions and classes.

• March 27, 2011 7:03 PM BST

if only zimbabwe had oil,,,,,evil despot put down years ago!

• 2068 posts
    April 5, 2011 11:43 PM BST

No we shouldn't interfere in what is essentially another country's internal affairs. Already being overstretched in both Iraq & Afghanistan......we do not need another to add to the list. This could go the same way as Vietnam & nobody wants that.

• April 8, 2011 10:10 AM BST

Cool  Finally, I think I have sussed out the logic with war on Libya.   We supplied tanks, guns and war planes to a mad despot in exchange for cheap oil,   we are running out of money, first excuse, we find, we bomb and blow up the arms, the tanks and guns we supplied with our outmoded and obsolete weapons,cause a regime change, suck up to the new despot, supply them with all the left overs of our rubish hardware for oil and at the same time get enough cash to upgrade our own arsenals....Am I that suspicious or just totally deluded?

• 2068 posts
    April 8, 2011 11:52 PM BST

you're BOTH......lol