The "Soft Launch" Continues

• 2127 posts
    April 7, 2011 6:26 PM BST

If you are reading this today then you already know that we have switched to our new site.  However, so far we have not actually told anyone about this per se.  There have been no mail shots, no adverts and we haven't even told our Gender Society Facebook group.

The reason why is because we wanted to do a "soft launch" first of all, anticipating that there might be some problems that would take a few days to iron out and we didn’t want to everyone to be disappointed.  Good thing too because on the day of the switchover, there was a big problem which caused the site to almost crash and then the chat room stopped working. 

Both of those probs and several others have now been fixed  so do you think we are ready to launch the site properly now?

When should we do it?  This Sunday maybe?

Should we have a party in the chat room to celebrate?

Sorry for all the questions but I have always been led by you.  After all, you are the experts!

Hugs, Katie   x

This post was edited by katieglover at April 7, 2011 6:28 PM BST
  • April 8, 2011 1:16 AM BST

SmileI think this sunday would be a great idea, seems people have seen a lot of the iste and have experimented with the features.  I think we could do it. I think we are ready.

• 2358 posts
    April 8, 2011 1:54 PM BST

So Sunday it is, PARTY....PARTY....PARTY.  Arm yourselves with a few bottles, some munchies..can check out the cooking forum for canapes and snacks. make sure you have a few funny stories as well.   With the time difference, its gonna be one long party,

• 2127 posts
    April 8, 2011 4:15 PM BST

Okey dokey, Sunday it is then, assuming that everything is working properly by then.  There are a few items still outstanding but I hope we'll have them sorted out in the next day.

How about we say 9pm in the chat room?  I guess that could be 9pm wherever you are in the world.

Bring some cheese too and then it can be a Cheese and Wine Party!

Hugs, Katie   x

This post was edited by katieglover at April 8, 2011 4:16 PM BST
  • April 9, 2011 11:45 PM BST

Can I just say - loving the new site

• 2127 posts
    April 10, 2011 12:16 AM BST

Thanks Keef.  There are still a few probs unfortuantely so it looks like we may have to make this another soft launch but not quite as soft as the last one.  I hope that we can launch the site properly on Tuesday or Wednesday.

Hugs, Katie   x

• 51 posts
    April 11, 2011 4:46 PM BST

the new site looks great Katie, well done and thank you for all your hard work. Sorry I missed the Party, I was away at my inlaws, lovely weekend sat in the garden soaking up the rays. Hugs - Tara

• 2127 posts
    April 11, 2011 4:49 PM BST

Maybe we can do another, even bigger party when we launch properly.  I hope that will be very soon. 

Hugs, Katie   x

• April 11, 2011 10:14 PM BST

well done katie new site looks good and easy to navigate around

andi x

• 2127 posts
    April 12, 2011 12:30 AM BST

Thanks Andi, glad you like it.  We're getting through the remaining bugs too.

Hugs, Katie   x

• April 12, 2011 1:44 AM BST

Katie being in IT personaly I say wait till the end of the month cause things can always happen between now & then. I know every one says sunday but I say wait. As for a party on chat well... maybe IDK I'm not one much for parties so...

• 2127 posts
    April 12, 2011 10:12 AM BST

There are some reasons why we really have to do this during April so we might not be able to wait till the end of the month.

We only have a very few problems left now though.  The registration problem is the biggest.  If we can crack that we will be away.  I'd hope that will be by the end of the week so we could conceivably be having another Launch Party this Sunday!

Hugs, Katie   x

• April 13, 2011 4:34 AM BST

I'm not a networking gure by any means so with me stuck here in the stats I wouldn't be any help anyway. My main thing is when your PC crashes I try to fix it. I'm good on hard ware issues but not software so... As to the regstration probs I hope you can get them worked out this week & have your party sunday. You have my view on it though but... I'm only one voice amoung many so I hope it all works out. Personaly I don't know if I like this new format or not but I'll let you know Katie, what I like waht I don't like & what could be made better, I'm one of those who is reluctant to change. I'm of the school if it ain't broke don't fix it.

• 2127 posts
    April 13, 2011 9:57 AM BST

As I explained in another thread only yesterday, the old site was very broken and we couldn't fix it because the developers would no longer support it.  It was installed in 2002 and really, should have been replaced years ago.

Hugs, Katie   x

• April 14, 2011 11:37 PM BST

Ok. Couldn't prove by me hun so... I'm just relunctent to change is all.