Wig washing

• April 18, 2011 5:48 AM BST

I was just wondering what techniques or tips people have for washing and rejuventaing tired-out synthetic wigs. I simply use cold water and a special gentle-wash detergent and leave the wig to steep for ten minutes or so. In my experience, this simple approach produces very good results and even restores curls (in formerly curly wigs). The use of warm water and curlers can also add curls to a synthetic wig. I also leave the wig to dry naturally, and can imagine that the use of a hair dryer might be detrimental though I'm not sure about this since I've never dried one in this way.

• 2127 posts
    April 18, 2011 5:39 PM BST

We've got nearly 80 videos on the subject of Wigs including many on how to go about washing them, in our Full Member's GSTV video area here...

http://gendersociety.com/videos

Hope that's helpful.

Hugs, Katie   x

• 308 posts
    April 22, 2011 5:38 AM BST

Thanx for the info Katie, I am going to see if there are any video's on styling. I do some, but mostly I have a professional hair stylist do mine. Just not worth my time when he does them for ten dollars US.

Huggs...Tammy

• March 15, 2014 2:18 AM GMT

Fashion is a hot topic in people's modern life.To pursue fashion and beauty,more and more people spend much time in their daily dress and hair style.To make changeable hairstyle some people choose to wear various types of wig styles which can be got from hairwigsall.com including short hair wigs,straight wigs and wavy wigs and so on.