it's quiet - why

• 1195 posts
    April 19, 2011 3:43 PM BST

My time is limited for the present. I've been doing my Moderator duties and check up on this forum.

Not that I want this to be the "busiest house on the block" but it would be nice to see some interesting topics brought up now and then.

Maybe the US members are overwhelmed by all the current "fears" being ranted about on TV and in the papers.

I tried prioritizing the current threats - you may put them in any order you wish:

Worldwide trouble from the Japanese nuclear plant

Crazy weather - tornados - flooding - drought

Legislators cutting state/federal budgets - your opinion?

Unemployment

Migration

hugs

Gracie

• 181 posts
    April 22, 2011 4:38 PM BST

Mary, no one is posting on my little forum either . I guess everyone is too busy if they're lucky enough to have a piece of a job and trying to pay for their internet .............ellen

• 22 posts
    May 4, 2011 4:25 AM BST

No, most of them are at tg boards. That place has so many people in it. But, unfortunately I really didn't get along with people in there. So, I guess I'm here.

-Nexy

• 1195 posts
    May 15, 2011 10:16 PM BST

I've re-prioitized the current threats

Right now #1 is our so called "elected" representatives.

Here is the Lone Star State we're losing our freedoms on a daily basis.

We now have required ID.

Our governor has a concealed weapons license - it hasn't been reported that he actually carries a gun - but who knows.

The legislature has cut all programs and expets the federal government to fill in the gaps. Fat chance!

The local police have taken to the highways to give out traffic tickets - I guess to insure their paychecks.

I could probably think of a few more things - "The land of the free" - not likely.