Forum » Gender Society Public Forums » USA Forum » Baltimore Outrage

Baltimore Outrage

Tags : None
  • I'm sure by now most of you have heard about the attack on a TG woman by a couple of teenage girls in Baltimore (Rosedale), Maryland at a local McDonalds fast food resturant. (If not, video is all over YouTube.)

I was in a local supermarket this morning, in drab mode, and was talking to an African American older woman who was in line for checkout with me. We've talked before and she always seemed like a very nice lady.

She brought up the Baltimore incident and was quite upset that the two attackers, who were black, were jailed for the violence. She informed me that the girls should be rewarded for protecting a public lady's bathroom from a man in a dress using it.

I asked her about the rights of the TG woman, who was harming no one, didn't she have civil rights like anyone else? The woman said perverts don't have civil rights and the TG woman deserved what she got.

The woman was becoming very upset and I was glad she was distracted by being next in line to be checked out.

I suspect her attitude about the incident was not limited to one black woman, but shared by many conservatives and so called "Christians".

Katie asked a question about why do they hate us - I'm afraid this woman's anger is very much an illustration why.

Sadly, Mellie

<p><span style="color: #800080;">Girls will be boys and boys will be girls It's a mixed up muddled up shook up world except for Lola Lo-lo-lo-lo Lola</span> - Ray Davies, The Kinks</p> <p><span style="color: #3366ff;">(S)he's a walking contradiction, partly truth and partly fiction</span> - Kris Kristofferson</p>
      April 27, 2011 1:52 AM BST
  • Hi Mellie,

Anybody that does not believe like them are a abomination in they're eye's. That goes for any other religion, god, life style, music, etc. You get the point.

I'm sorry about getting on my high horse about this, but these people, and they're god disgust me.

Things are not what we have been told!!

Huggs...Tammy, my feathers are now ruffledKiss

<p>A life without purpose, is a life without reason!</p> <p>&nbsp;</p> <p>&nbsp;myspace.com/tammybrianne</p>
    This post was edited by Tammy Brianne at April 29, 2011 6:47 AM BST
      April 29, 2011 6:39 AM BST
  • You can't mix up what people mistakenly believe with what Christ instructed.  There is no sin except that which is COMMON to man.  As much as it depends on me, be at peace with all men. Christ did not come to judge the world, but to save the world.  This is what the Bible says. 

Are there those who sin by what they wear? Consider that they bought to Christ a woman who was caught in adultery.  they sought to kill her.  But Christ said; "Let him who is without sin cast the first ..."

Only a hypocrit would cast that first stone.  Are these of Christ? Don't be deceived. Judas claimed Christ, but was of the devil.

A true Church will accept you, even while not accepting what you do.  But, accepting you means, they will accept you, they will love you, they will take you in.  A true Church will explain that no one in the Church has achieved sinlessness and no sin that you may commit is any greater than any sin that they may commit.  They will encourage you to be sinless.

Further, they will understand that being sinless has a lot to do with the purpose God has for you.  That means, what may be sin for me, may not be sin for you. Even, the Word of God, may mean different things for different people and judgment is not to be wrecklessly handled.

I know good churches.

But, don't be surprised if you grow.

-- Enjoy, Wenjoy. Who made up these fashion rules, anyhow?
      April 30, 2011 4:55 AM BST
  • Tammy Brianne said:

Hi Mellie,

Anybody that does not believe like them are a abomination in they're eye's. That goes for any other religion, god, life style, music, etc. You get the point.

I'm sorry about getting on my high horse about this, but these people, and they're god disgust me.

Things are not what we have been told!!

Huggs...Tammy, my feathers are now ruffledKiss

Tammie , yer NOT alone in yer thoughts dear ! Tonight , I will again help host an  "Alternative Prom " for both Gay and Transgendered teenagers and young adults here in Richmond Virginia . I belong to  a Unitarian Universalist congreation on account of acceptance of ALL. Yes , I'm a conservative Libertarian , uh a Dang Tea Partyer. still, I insist that ALL Voices be heard regardless of where they come from ! ellen  

Liberalism , a desease - E Shaver
      April 30, 2011 3:11 PM BST

Yup, I did. It made me cry. I think it's totally wrong.

I mean to beat someone because they are different? That's just nonsense. I find it quite irritating that people can do that sort of thing to another person. I don't care if they were blue or orange if it were a black person it would have been dealt with no problems at all.

I guess those teenage girls felt they had to make a statement. But, I still think it is wrong. It's complete crap if you ask me.

-Nexy

<p><strong><em></em><em></em></strong><span style="font-family: comic sans ms,sans-serif; color: #993366;"><strong><em></em><em>My name is Nexy. Nice to meet you.</em></strong></span></p>
    This post was edited by Melissa Aleronzo at May 4, 2011 2:07 PM BST
      May 4, 2011 4:29 AM BST
  • Good luck in your endeavors Ellen. I do believe in everyone having what ever beliefs they choose. The problem is they cannot keep there convictions to themselves. This is not directed towards you, I have respect for what you are doing Ellen!

We so have a Unitarian church here also, at least they used to, that accept all people no matter what type of conviction.

Good luck Ellen........Tammy

<p>A life without purpose, is a life without reason!</p> <p>&nbsp;</p> <p>&nbsp;myspace.com/tammybrianne</p>
      May 4, 2011 6:20 AM BST