God's Judgement?

• 1017 posts
    April 29, 2011 2:53 AM BST

Today there was horrible destruction and loss of life due to tornadoes that swept though the South of the United States. A true tragedy of nature. All my best wishes to all that were affected by the devistation and my sincere condolences to those who lost loved ones.

But this was the "Bible Belt" of the country who have long claimed that earthquakes, wildfires, terrorist attacks to other parts of the country were "God's Punishment" for accepting Gay and Transgendered people into American Society.

Will those Right Wing preachers now denounce Fundamentalist Christians for their bigotry as God's Judgement against their hateful attitudes against us? Somehow I don't think so...

Love and anger,

Mellie

• 308 posts
    April 29, 2011 5:57 AM BST

Hi Mellie, I have been saying this same thing to people and get a strange look, and I do not care. I give you credit for such compassion for them, which I do not have. It maybe sick, but it's the way I feel about these people.

When the hurricane hit New Orleans, they had the compassion to say, it was god's wrath for such a sinful city.  Cry

My wife was raised fundamental Baptist, I never thought we had a chance, but she moved away from this cultist life, and saw the hypocrisy of they're ways. They talk the talk, but not the walk!

Sorry if I offended anyone in here about this...hummm no I am not. I just have a deep dislike for they're whole disgusting belief system.Innocent

Huggs...Tammy

This post was edited by Tammy Brianne at April 29, 2011 6:04 AM BST
    • 1652 posts
    May 1, 2011 7:58 AM BST

I don't wish to be seen as a religion basher, but this fundamentalist attitude seems to me to be completely barking mad. These people are surely brain-washed, living in fear of straying from the norm, or from their path of righteousness, or of those who supposedly do.

Earthquakes, hurricanes, wildfires have been around long before humans (if you're a creationalist that was only 5 or 6 days, well whatever...)

Gay and TG people have certainly not always been accepted into American society, yet natural disaters, not God's punishments, have always happened.

I consider myself to be a reasonably compassionate person, but I wonder do the bible-belters now believe they have done something wrong, as they claim when disasters hit elsewhere?

Such "religious" fanaticism destroys compassion. It creates intolerance, hatred, war and death. They do not preach God's love, they preach persecution and fear. This is the Al Qaeda of the West.

I can only feel sorry for such people who allow their lives to be ruled by such utter garbage propaganda.

Religious fanatics from whatever denomination: Try loving your fellow humans instead of arrogantly preaching that your imaginary friend hates them.

xx

This post was edited by Lucy Diamond at May 1, 2011 6:16 PM BST
    • 1017 posts
    May 1, 2011 6:04 PM BST

Apparently it's not just natural disasters and terrorist attacks, apparently it's the financial collapse and mortgage meltdown, too.

http://www.ontopmag.com/article.aspx?id=8245&MediaType=1&Category=26

(TGS has screwed up the link, but it will work fine if you copy and paste into your browser)

So sad that it's almost funny...

Mellie

This post was edited by Melody Anders at May 1, 2011 6:11 PM BST
    • 1195 posts
    May 1, 2011 10:08 PM BST

As 'twas said on Star Trek "Beam me up Scotty. There's no intellegent life here."

Let's amen that -or should I. There seems to be a fair share on idiots spread across the globe.

hugs

Gracie xxxxx

• 181 posts
    May 2, 2011 6:51 PM BST

Lucy, GREAT Comeback !!!!!!! I liked you're answer a lot . That is a primary factor in me joining a Unitarian Universalist Church here in the U. S. ALL Political beleifs and ALL religious beleifs are accepted . I find the different Sunday services held during the year refreshing as the different groups within the church are encourgaged to have a meaningful service that harkins "Their up bringing or beleifs . ellen

This post was edited by Ellen Shaver at May 2, 2011 6:52 PM BST
    • 308 posts
    May 3, 2011 5:35 AM BST

Funny article actually Millie,

But sadly it just points out the deficient beliefs they try to perpetrate.

I am surprised they did not blame gay's for the reason Bush lied to get us into Iraq.

Great post Lucy, but I will bash religion. It is the cause of more killing and hate down through the ages, than they would like to admit, sooo why not find some kind of escape goat. They're so righteous, we are the cause of world instability.

Things are not as we have been told!! A belief is not necessarily the truth. An opinion/ belief is quite often only relevant to the mind of the individual, truth at one level is not necessarily truth at other levels.

So beam me up Gracie, I mean Scotty!!

Huggs..Tammy

This post was edited by Tammy Brianne at May 3, 2011 5:43 AM BST
    • 19 posts
    November 24, 2011 1:04 PM GMT
    I think a lot of it would be solved if they'd pay attention to their own holy book. Allegedly, love is to be selfless (I'll reference my points if you care, but otherwise just a quick skinny). Allegedly, God is love. Allegedly, man is called to love his fellow man and God. So where does the hate come from? Makes no sense to me.

Oh! And another point... Jesus never stoned anyone, did he? *eyebrow raise* Wasn't he kinda big on love and tolerance? He hung out with the unclean and ate with Gentiles... Personally, I think he'd be on our side... right?
  • June 22, 2012 3:56 PM BST
    So are LGBT's (including myself) responsible for the upcoming Mayan 2012 end of the world (lol) as well?
  • June 23, 2012 3:20 PM BST

I found this on Facebook a while back and found it extremely enlightening