Forum » Gender Society Public Forums » Transgender Movies » First Film You Remember Seeing

First Film You Remember Seeing

Tags : None
  • Very first that sticks in my memory was a 1 hr cutdown of The General with Buster Keaton. It was 2nd feature at kids saturday morning show, god knows what the main film was, but it turned me on to keaton, at about age 8! Since then, seeing most susequent movies, I believe mr keaton was far better than chaplin or lloyd.

discuss

lol

May 12, 2011 11:25 PM BST

The first film I remember seeing (I'm sure I saw others in the theater or on TV before but they didn't make a lasting impression) was The Buccaneer (1958) directed by Anthony Quinn. I was seven years old and was blown away by the Battle of New Orleans sequence with Charleton Heston as Andrew Jackson and Yul Brynner as Jean Lafitte.

At the time I didn't know it was a remake of a Cecil DeMille picture or that the battle was a total waste of life, since the was over, though neither side had gotten the word.

<p><span style="color: #800080;">Girls will be boys and boys will be girls It's a mixed up muddled up shook up world except for Lola Lo-lo-lo-lo Lola</span> - Ray Davies, The Kinks</p> <p><span style="color: #3366ff;">(S)he's a walking contradiction, partly truth and partly fiction</span> - Kris Kristofferson</p>
      May 13, 2011 2:47 AM BST
  • The Jungle Book (Disney). This was 1974, so wouldhave been a re-release.

still love the film, and the characterisations are great.

<p>Alice</p> <p>"You can be whoever you are in Shangri-la" - Neil Innes </p>
      May 30, 2011 9:15 AM BST