• 1195 posts
    May 25, 2011 6:53 PM BST

    I was reading an article yesterday (yes I still read newpapers and magazines) about the exploration for natural gas and oil - a method called "Fractering." It's going on in Canada and the US. Water (?) is injected into sand or shale forcing the subsoil to release gas or oil. The "explorers" are using three chemical which are known carcinagine; plus they're using chemicals which they wont identify -"trade secrets."

    Neither the federal, state or provincial goverments are supervising these operations.

    Problem: They are poluting the ground water!


    Your comments?

    • 2573 posts
    May 25, 2011 10:53 PM BST

    And causing earthquakes with far moe frequency.

    • 5 posts
    May 27, 2011 4:24 AM BST

    here in new york there is a moratorium on hydrofraking pennsylvania has all sorts of problems {methane getting into well water etc }

    • 4 posts
    May 27, 2011 11:02 AM BST

    fracting  you are refering to consist of  brine (salt water),sand or mud and acid injected into the well alo they use CO2 liquified or in foam form

    this method has been used for years out here in west tex.