Breast augmentation and hormones

• June 3, 2011 4:19 PM BST

Hi girls!
    I have been on hormones for a a few months now, but I am only developing baby breasts (although the rest of the body has been great in terms of development).
    I am thinking of having a breast job done, but not at any price. I've heard of people going to Thailand and some other countries where they had the surgery done with great success, but that scares me in a way as I've heard of horrific stories too.
    To me, health and safety come first. I would therefore be interested to hear from any tgirls who've undergone the operation, whether here in the UK or abroad. Please include the following info in your answer: location, name of doctor, price, results, side effects and recovery period.
    Many thanks in advance
    Sophia xx

• 746 posts
    June 3, 2011 5:30 PM BST

Sophia..although I haven't had augmentation, nor will I, it is best to wait a few years to allow your breasts to develop naturally first.  If you get implants too soon and they continue to grow, they are going to look quite silly and not natural at all!

So be patient and if you are still intent on this, revisit a couple of years from now.

• June 3, 2011 8:32 PM BST

Thanks for your advice Traci, much appreciated!

Sophia xx

• June 4, 2011 12:45 AM BST

Sophia, Traci is correct let your breasts develop at least 2 years. Mine were slow to start and seam to grow in sperts. My dr advsied 2 years also to ensure you have room for the implants. Good idea about being very concerned for your health and do select someone, some place you feel totally comfortable with.Hugs Brenda

This post was edited by Former Member at June 4, 2011 12:45 AM BST
    • 734 posts
    June 4, 2011 11:43 PM BST

Yep, developing your body with hormones is a gradual and moderately long term project. Consider how long a girl will spend in puberty - which is what we are going through - and you'll appreciate it is best to let nature take her course. I've been on them for a year and a half or so, together with decapeptyl injections, and am happy with the results so far. Just moving from A cup to B. Growth does indeed come in spurts. My personal view is that I wouldn't want breast surgery at all ...

Rae x

• June 5, 2011 9:37 AM BST

Hiya Sophia,your definately expecting wonders from those tiny pills,and i cant imagine what the pain would be like if they grew in a hurry ouch...lol

Its going to take two years hun be patient their worth the wait.....

love and hugs sabini

• 434 posts
    June 5, 2011 5:15 PM BST

Sophia,

as the old saying goes, anything more than a mouthful...is a waste!

Your breasts will be getting sore and tender soon, if they haven't already, and you will not want people anywhere near them - let alone operating on them. All the people who have posted so far on this topic seem to agree that waiting for a couple of years is the best plan of action.

Hugs - Doanna

"The vagabond who's rapping at your door
    Is standing in the clothes that you once wore."

• 746 posts
    June 5, 2011 11:10 PM BST

19 months in and my breasts are really tender!  That said, it usually signals more growth!  (smile)

• June 5, 2011 11:17 PM BST

I am 15 months in and almost a B cup and still tender which like Traci says, is a good sign as the girls are still growing. I plant to wait at least until they loose their tenderness or i do not notice any more growth.. 2 years is the minumun for sure.

Brenda

• June 6, 2011 8:28 PM BST
    Thanks for your advice girls; I think I'm going to wait a little longer before I start thinking about breast enhancement. The good news is that my hormone dose has just been increased by my doctor who said it's always best to start on the lowest dose possible and increase it gradually. This not only enables the body to get used and adapt to the new Ostrogens, but would lead to a more natural physical transformation.

Sophia x
    • 734 posts
    June 6, 2011 10:01 PM BST

Just an aside regarding breast tenderness, yes they can indeed get tender as you go through another growth spurt. No worries there. Even very tender is ok. However, if one breast starts to get quite sore and begins to turn red and swollen, do nip to your local GP! As readers of my occasional Ramblings will know, I recently developed a very large and nasty breast abcess. The reason to get your GP in early is that, as the abcess grows, there is a risk of breast tissue getting permanently damaged - the last thing we want!

But do note, this is quite rare indeed. Nothing to panic about but just to make people aware that, whilst having breasts is good, they do bring their own problems as well ...

Rae x

• June 7, 2011 7:56 PM BST
    Thanks Rae! That is something to take into account just in case! x
  • June 16, 2011 12:34 PM BST

Hi!  I am so excited to have found this forum and read through what everyone has to say and their experiences.  Thank you everyone! =]

I was wondering if anyone would be willing to discuss their hormone therapy, like what you are taking and the dosages and how effective you are finding it.  I am also interested in hormones people might be taking to help with better breast development, especially the last stage of development having to do with the nipple appearance.  

Thank you for taking your time to read this and thank you so much for all your openness and discussions, it is nice to know i am not the only one out there.

Jasmine

• 2 posts
    June 26, 2011 2:56 PM BST

I know the old saying "patience is a virtue" BUT, as transwomen, we have waited a lifetime in making that difficult decision and 2 years is indeed a long time...plus, most transwomen's breast development is miniscule especially when starting HRT in 40's & 50's which is a typical age range when we finally get enough courage to go throught with it. You do ocassionaly see some miracles on some girls despite the fact they started HRT in mid-life but the internet is full of fakes so I take all those pics with a grain of salt. Still, I think it's best to let mones do their magic first, so I guess moral of story is start HRT as soon as possible.

Hugs

Katie

• 734 posts
    June 26, 2011 4:48 PM BST
    Katie Corbet said:
    ... and 2 years is indeed a long time...plus, most transwomen's breast development is miniscule especially when starting HRT in 40's & 50's which is a typical age range ...

I can only speak from my own experience but I don't consider my breast developement 'miniscule'. I started HRT when I was 48 and been on it for 18 months - although only the last 12 months at the correct dosage. My developement currently sits on the cusp of a B cup which I'm quite happy with at this stage. 2 years is no time when you consider the average length of female puberty. I'm happy to be patient Smile

Rae x

This post was edited by Rae K at June 26, 2011 4:49 PM BST
    • 434 posts
    June 27, 2011 5:49 PM BST

I'm happy with my breast size (barely a B) because I know they are not "Guy-boobs." Many GG's (ovarians) have tiny boobs and it doesn't make them "less female."

Happy, Happy, Happy Smile

• 734 posts
    June 27, 2011 8:23 PM BST

Doanna, absolutely spot on re the 'guy-boobs' thing. Even at 'barely a B' they should have a distinctive female shape that sets them apart ...

Rae x

• 746 posts
    June 28, 2011 6:23 AM BST

Even a barely "A" has a distinctive femme shape!  (smile)  I love mine!

• 5 posts
    July 4, 2017 6:17 AM BST

hi there! did anyone done breast augmentation in singapore or korea? I thinking of doing breast implants there with hormone treatment.

• 746 posts
    July 4, 2017 9:10 PM BST

Nope...mine are "real"...(smile)

xoxo

• 66 posts
    July 4, 2017 9:30 PM BST

100% natural here as well. Only A cup but only been on HRT 3 months so need to give it more time

• 5 posts
    July 6, 2017 7:24 AM BST
    Traci Lee O'Gara said:

Nope...mine are "real"...(smile)

xoxo

i may be a little bit impatient... lol

i am thinking of doing it in asia, please if someone has any idea, let me know, i believe it is cheaper in asia but is standards worthy? I know korea and singapore should be the high standard of asia, since they are more or less westernized society.

anyone done breast augmentation here in singapore?

been saving up for years =)

• 746 posts
    July 6, 2017 4:26 PM BST

I know many people have had much success in Thailand...they are considered "state of he art" at a couple of facilities...personally, if it were me, I'd wait a few years to allow your breasts to develop naturally before you "stack" stuff over them for they will continue to grow and could end up looking pretty weird if you rush it.  Hun, patience is a virtue here and there are no shortcuts to a successful transition.  Do not succumb to temptations to wanting it all "now".  Heck, it takes CIS Women a half dozen years or more to go thru puberty and that is exactly what we are doing as well...so do give this some thought...

Traci

xoxo

• 5 posts
    July 7, 2017 6:48 AM BST
    Traci Lee O'Gara said:

I know many people have had much success in Thailand...they are considered "state of he art" at a couple of facilities...personally, if it were me, I'd wait a few years to allow your breasts to develop naturally before you "stack" stuff over them for they will continue to grow and could end up looking pretty weird if you rush it.  Hun, patience is a virtue here and there are no shortcuts to a successful transition.  Do not succumb to temptations to wanting it all "now".  Heck, it takes CIS Women a half dozen years or more to go thru puberty and that is exactly what we are doing as well...so do give this some thought...

Traci

xoxo

hi traci, i think your advice is sound and good.

i guess i will train myself to be patient and wait.... ^.^ thank you so much.

• July 7, 2017 7:37 PM BST

http://gendersociety.com/forums/topic/4565/can-men-have-a-sexy-cleavage