Procrastination Day!

• 871 posts
    June 15, 2011 4:03 PM BST

I was going to see if there had been any progress on the Procrastination Day Commitee. However, the forum navigation bar thingymajig seems to be a full member as it doesnt seem to do much.

When someone, who is yet to be determined, can manage to get round to things I am hoping that this someone might be in the position to update everyone on the current state of affairs.

Much Love

Penny

x

• June 15, 2011 11:52 PM BST

Hi Penny,

Will get back to you on the next meeting day scheduled..... The committe postponed the meeting until after summer, or was that next winter....

Michelle

• June 16, 2011 2:47 AM BST

I am planning on submitting an application to join this committee (I love committees) immediately after I join the Procastinators Club of America who are having problems with the footdragging Whitechapel Bell Foundry of London over repairing the crack in the Liberty Bell in Philadelphia. I would have done that in 1976 but misplaced their application, I think.

Louise

• June 17, 2011 2:36 AM BST

I suddenly realized after a lot of careful consideration, that I should wait before applying to the aforementioned Procrastinator's Club until after I find out when they are not too busy to review my application. After all, I don't want my application to slip through the cracks at their office because they are rushing around on their present project and wouldn't see my application. So now I have to find their application at my house wherever I misplaced it (at least I think I did) and then figure out when they are not too busy at their office. Too many tasks too fast...OVERLOAD.. OVERLOAD..What was I saying?

• June 18, 2011 2:11 AM BST

Speaking from experience, it is important not to accomplish too much too soon because then everybody (or is that somebody?) expects you to keep up that frenetic pace ever afterwards, so I implore all of you procrastinators out there, and you know whom I'm speaking to, to please S.L.O.W down, you move too fast. Remember we have to make the morning last!

• 871 posts
    June 18, 2011 5:00 AM BST

oh dear, it has been made aware to my attension that some members have become too complacent in their position of the procrastination day commitee which is such an unheard of thing that other members felt compelled to make rebuttles and after compromising grunts a sniff was felt to be the appropriate response. 

• 126 posts
    June 21, 2011 8:22 PM BST

I keep meaning to apply to join this worthy group, but I seem to have been so busy recently, I just haven't had the time to fill in the application form. Are you still accepting applications?

• June 22, 2011 3:05 AM BST

I am guessing that actually filling out the application form and (gasp!) submitting it may automatically disqualify you from membership. Anyone know if this is true?

• 404 posts
    June 22, 2011 11:06 AM BST

Well, given that the Application Form (Design & Content) Committee still hasn't actually got around to holding its first session........you know how it is: what biscuits? what tea or coffee? the lighting over the mirror in the toilet / rest-room? to say nothing of the minor issues such as where? when? etc. etc..........................................................

• 2358 posts
    June 22, 2011 7:04 PM BST

Well, given that the Application Form (Design & Content) Committee, Woa, when was this comittee selected, we hav'nt even decided on a comitee to select the various comitees we need, somone is jumping the gun here. and its not on.

• 1195 posts
    June 22, 2011 9:33 PM BST

Ye gads - what's the rush?

• June 22, 2011 9:46 PM BST

Nice to see the return of this popular thread. But couldn't it wait until tomorrow? I have so much to do at the moment.

I'm afraid you can't even start to think about convening the Committee until you've agreed the terms of reference, which as I understand it have not been drafted yet, but they're on the agenda for another date.

• 2627 posts
    July 6, 2011 1:53 AM BST

I knew I should have checked these earlier I missed it didn't I.

• 404 posts
    July 8, 2011 3:14 PM BST

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.................................................

• July 8, 2011 9:11 PM BST

hmm. usually I would have said something earlier here........

• 871 posts
    July 8, 2011 11:49 PM BST

I know this popular thread is used by many to create new twists on the same joke but no one can be accused of flogging a dead horse because that would simply require too much effortx

• 1017 posts
    July 9, 2011 12:12 AM BST

Flogging a dead horse is good exercise, the horse doesn't care any more, it relieves tension, and I'll have to try it as soon as my schedule allows, maybe next week.

Ohh, err, I'm told the Health Department will have removed the carcass by then. Guess I'll have to wait till another horse dies in front of my house...

• 2358 posts
    July 9, 2011 12:16 AM BST

I'd call you a sadistic, hippophilic necrophile, but that would be like flogging a dead horse.   Cool

• 2627 posts
    July 9, 2011 3:09 AM BST

Are we starting a little S&M thing here?

• July 9, 2011 6:58 PM BST

Doesn't that need an effort to be made????

it sounds like a lot of physical work there..........

• 41 posts
    July 10, 2011 6:25 AM BST

I'll have to wait untill tomorrow to look for the application....If I get around to itUndecided

• 2627 posts
    July 10, 2011 9:47 AM BST

Some things are worth a little effort.

• September 23, 2011 10:22 PM BST

Should I have received an application form??

Undecided