homelaser kits

Tags : None

has anyone tried the home laser hair removal kits? How effective are thy and are they worth the money? etc

<p>man i feel like a woman</p>
      July 14, 2011 7:20 PM BST
  • 1 146

Hi  , 

I have had a few sessions of Laser for facial hair removal . Its costly , but someone else is doing the job , and has an experience of the settings,safety etc .

Its worth getting an Appreciation of what the Laser Hair Process is from a professional  and how you respond to it [ especially before parting with your own money or attempting to do this yourself] . Some Places offer a free trial  and do a test patch, so might well be  worth investgating  this . You can always ask questions at the trial -I did.

Consider that this might be painful , and consider if you really can do this to yourself in a controlled SAFE way also .[ that means consider eye protection,  and a safe environment, NOte  laser light is potentially very Harmful to certain tissues  ].

The effectiveness  depends a lot on your own hair type and its ability to absorb the laser light, and also sensitivity of your skin. Dark pigmented Hair is more easily removed as it absorbs more laser light energy  .  [ Maybe  you have a mix ,eg some dark  maybe some white[ I have ] , 

Donna

<p>Donna_V</p>
      July 14, 2011 9:13 PM BST
  • Hi Lillith,

I too am going through laser right now. I am using a 1064 nm wavelength  Nd Yag Coolglide laser which is supposed to be good for thicker dark hairs(the face). I was told to use Yag first and then switch to a 800 nm Light Sheer laser which is better for hairs not so deep and of a finer thickness . From what I understand laser can be hit or miss depending on your hair type and skin type. The best canidates have dark hair and light skin. I'm on session number 6  and see a definite reduction of hair. As Donna says white hairs won't be affected by laser and electrolysis is your only option there for permanant results. I pay 100 dollars a session for my entire face. If you look around carefully I'm sure you can find a comparable price.

As far as the home laser kit. I would be skeptical. It is actually is not a true laser. It is an IPL machine. Intense Pulsed Light. I have never tried one though so I can not be sure. I have herd IPL works but is slower and less permanent. I did a quick look at prices of the home kits and they are around 300 dollars to buy. My laser technician told me her yag machine was over 35,000 dollars used!! If this thing works for 300 I would be amazed. It may be worth gamble to see but for that price you could have 3 laser sessions and be sure of some results. After 6 treatments I still have some hair on my lip and chin growing but my cheeks are pretty clear and my neck seems totally clear. Hope this helped some. Good luck with it. If you get the home kit I would love to hear your thoughts on how it works.  Jessica <3

Jessica Nova
      July 15, 2011 6:30 PM BST
  • Thanks for the advance, sounds like I should go to a professional before getting a kit for myself.
      August 10, 2012 2:46 PM BST
  • Thanks for the advice, sounds like I should go to a professional before trying a kit for myself.
      August 10, 2012 2:46 PM BST
  • Hi,

I have tried the Tria Lazer, $400.  I used it for almost four months.  It is quite painful if you use the highest setting, which is the setting you need. It was time consuming, and I was not impressed with the results. 

I have also used No-No, $300.  It doesn't provide a close hair removal, at least for me.  I did see a reduction in hair growth after about a couple of months.  They have a new stronger model now, which I would think it would work faster, closer, and greater results. 

I have only been on  HRT for about three months, so my hair although light brown was kinda of thick.  Now it is much lighter and not as thick.  I would probably use professional treatments, and know that it will last.

Nicole

March 6, 2014 7:45 AM GMT

Tria laser: i bought one on the recommendation of Marcie Bowers, MD, and i can tell you it does work, and yes, it hurts on the highest setting, but you can go one down and still get zapped good, esp in that sensitive area Marcie concerns herselfwith, mostly. i've been using it about two months and have another month to return it to Sephora if i don't ike it, but i don't see that happening. one drawback is thgat the laser light area is small, maybe 3/8"x3/8" aat best, so it takes a while to do a large area. It is best suited for the forementioned area, which y9u may not wan to thave ttreeated by a laser tech, or touch up later on, as hair does grow back...it isn't permanent, but burns enought of th e follicle or whatever so it takes months for it to show up again. the TRIA is  perfect for staying after your facial hair. HTH

-robin

December 28, 2014 11:30 PM GMT
    Hi Robin. Thanks for the tip. I think i'm going to have to have a look at the Tria. Not cheep i know but at least i can do it from home. Thanks again. Hugs Lillith
    <p>man i feel like a woman</p>
      December 29, 2014 8:10 PM GMT

hi Lillith, Traci warned me about using it on your face ans she was correct - Tria says not to...the dark hairs may absorb more energy possibly damaging skin below! Yikes, but i've only used it on my face a few times, and it HURTS! works great everywhere else, and where i had to prep for GRS!

January 18, 2015 3:15 AM GMT