Why did I post that pic?

• 2627 posts
    October 9, 2011 11:55 AM BST

Well it was ment as a joke. It started when I was sent a message telling me that my real pic wasn't femm enough because my beard showed through. Well I have a very dark beard. So even with a very close shave the color shows through. I've had some laser done but it didn't work well. Now my beard shows in splotches. But still I didn't see the pic as offensive. Maybe because that was't the intent. 

• 1912 posts
    October 9, 2011 11:27 PM BST

Karen, I for one don't believe you had malicious intentions posting that picture and that is why I made such a point of addressing it.  When we see posting after posting with inappropriate material, pretty soon we use those as a standard to what is or is not appropriate.  Then without thinking much about it, you can easily say this isn't bad "compared to" the other stuff that gets posted.  It is just a downward spiral.  You are clearly a decent person and my addressing the picture was not intended to attack your character. Marsha

This post was edited by Former Member at October 9, 2011 11:28 PM BST
    • 2627 posts
    October 9, 2011 11:56 PM BST

But you did attack me

• 1912 posts
    October 10, 2011 2:14 AM BST

Nope, I atacked the picture you were responsible for, not you.  Yes I clearly attributed it to you and said someone who has been here as long as you should know better, but I see that more as a reprimand for an event, not a character attack.  I think you have now said enough about it to reflect it was clearly a mistake, that is honorable.  You are a good person Karen, your old pic is you, screw those who don't like it.  I much prefer your picture over the legs in nylon shots.

Hugs,

Marsha

• 2627 posts
    October 11, 2011 12:28 AM BST

First you did it in the open so yes it was an attack.

Second who are you to reprimand anyone.

• 1912 posts
    October 11, 2011 2:13 AM BST

Why are you doing this Karen?  You know, I tell people that I have no problem with people knowing that I am transgender, but you’re not going to see me walking around carrying a sign saying that I am.  You are just bringing more and more attention to that disgusting picture you chose to post.  Why?  You apparently missed the entire point about my original post so I will go ahead and state it once more for you.  I posted that too much inappropriate stuff was being posted on the front page and listed two examples, one of which was your picture of a bound and gagged woman in the back seat of a car, the other being a sales ad for sexual fetish material.  Yes I mentioned you because you are the one who posted that picture, but the theme of the post was the inappropriate items.

And who am I to reprimand anyone?  I am Marsha Ann, a real person as will as a member of this social/support website which has always used peer pressure to maintain a clean and safe environment for the transgender community to use for support.  So as a member I am therefore one of your peers, and that gives me the right to call you out for your inappropriate post.

If you are confused whether my original post is a personal attack or not, I would be happy to show you a personal attack by pulling some stuff out of your blog from a couple years ago and posting it where everyone can see how full of BS you really are.  I will leave that up to you.  You already apologized for the pic, now let it drop.

-Marsha

This post was edited by Former Member at October 11, 2011 2:15 AM BST
    • 1 posts
    October 11, 2011 2:39 AM BST

Well said marsha!

• October 11, 2011 9:14 AM BST

karen, your going to have to yield on this one!! i totally understand your reason for posting the pic, but you must see whats happening since the photo censorship has been lifted, its getting ridiculous and mar, is just as you are a long time member questioning your reasoning...not attacking you...

hugs sabini xx

• 2127 posts
    October 12, 2011 1:12 AM BST

Let me just chime in here and say that the vast majority of photos posted are absolutely fine and when a bad photo is uploaded, I am usually able to deal with it in a very short time having been alerted by good people like Karen, who is one of our best and most helpful members. 

When bad photos appear she is always among the first to report them and in many other ways is an extremely valuable member.  Communities like this don't run themselves and Karen has always been among those who have worked hard here to keep the wheels rolling.

Karen has explained her actions and so I think we should all take a step back now and leave this here.

Hugs, Katie   x