Site Upgrade Probs

Tags : None
  • I no longer have modrator status & the badge dosen't show up on my profile.

May 22, 2013 9:58 PM BST
  • All forum moderators badges have dissapeared.

Cristine Jennifer Shye.  B/L.  B/Acc
      May 22, 2013 10:05 PM BST
  • Along with that my premissions as a moderator as well at the bottom of the forum it says the following 

You don't have permission to post or reply a topic
    You don't have permission to edit posts
    You don't have permission to delete posts
    You don't have permission to approve new posts
    You don't have permission to make a thread sticky
    You don't have permission to close a thread
    You don't have permission to move a thread
      May 22, 2013 10:15 PM BST

You would only have permission to edit anything in your forum, it says those messages here & this is my forum

Not to borrow the strength of another, nor to rely on one's own strength; to cut off past and future thoughts, and not to live within the everyday mind... then the Great Way is right before your eyes. - Yamamoto Tsunetomo
      May 22, 2013 10:47 PM BST
  • 1. Chat rooms now display in a windowed mode rather than full screen mode like they did immediately after the upgrade

2. Other problem as discussed in PM

3. HTML code doesn't work correctly when you try and insert special codes in forum messages

4. URL code does not work correctly in forum messages

5. Left click in the right hand pane in the Chat Room freezes the Chat Room

May 23, 2013 1:25 AM BST
  • Have you checked for the new messages notification button in the new info bar Chrissy - I still have mine present (see image below)

May 23, 2013 9:16 AM BST
  • Hi Katie, After being away for over 2 weeks, I have been stumbleing about on the site as always, but can not find anything wot doesna work -- he he  -- even blue birds have flown from the chat room -- wonderfull . 

((((((((((((((hugs)))))))))))))))

Rosie

May 23, 2013 9:38 AM BST
  • I know Matt but I can't do it in my forum I.can't do ANYTHING I could before the update but post & edit my my own posts.
      May 23, 2013 6:35 PM BST
  • Yes, the Forum Moderator badges have disappeared from all the mods' profiles.  That is not a bug per se, but rather, because we bought some new forum software recently, which does not have a link to the badges software.  In order to reinstate the badges, we would have to pay a programmer to write some code to link the two together.

I'll talk to some of our developer about this and try to get an idea of the cost.

Also, I have checked Samantha's account and she is still the moderator of the Role Play forum, so she should have full access.  However, that's obviously not the case so I'll have to talk to the forum developers to find out what's happened there.  Do any other forum mods have the same problem or is it just Samantha?

Hugs, Katie   x

Success is the ability to go from one failure to the next without any loss of enthusiasm!
      May 25, 2013 6:09 PM BST
  • seems just Samantha,  all the site mods seem to have control, but I will check the other forums mods to make sure

Cristine Jennifer Shye.  B/L.  B/Acc
      May 25, 2013 6:41 PM BST
  • Hi Katie -- I have now found summit wot doesna work lol --- when I click on the "like" on front page post nowt happens  lol

May 25, 2013 6:44 PM BST
  • 5 mins later -- oops katie i might have spoken too soon -- just clicked a like and it worked lol

May 25, 2013 6:49 PM BST

ummm, hello..... cannot adjust my forums here including this one Undecided

Not to borrow the strength of another, nor to rely on one's own strength; to cut off past and future thoughts, and not to live within the everyday mind... then the Great Way is right before your eyes. - Yamamoto Tsunetomo
      May 25, 2013 9:42 PM BST
  • Katie, it seems I am also unable to moderate my forum - Hormone City.
    xx
      May 26, 2013 2:49 AM BST
  • Still not able to post a picture directly to the home page - despite there being a button for 'Add Photo' when you attempt to do so.  You can get around this by posting the picture in an album - and then it will show up on the front page - but it should work as stated.

May 27, 2013 6:25 PM BST
  • Multiple PM's don't work properly, typing in a person's user name to add to the list works in a hit and miss fashion, some user names are simply not recognised and they cannot be added to the list of names to receive the mail shot, meaning every single person who cannot be added has to be PM'd separately.

June 4, 2013 9:14 PM BST
  • Huzzah!  The forum moderators problem is solved.  Sorry it too a while for the develoopers to fix it but it's done now and you should all have full forum moderator privileges again.  Still working on a number of other items.

On the up side, I'm hoping to be able to make an exciting announcement about some new toys and features related to our chat rooms at any moment!!

Hugs, Katie   x

Success is the ability to go from one failure to the next without any loss of enthusiasm!
      June 5, 2013 2:46 PM BST
  • Huzzza Ty Katie. You sure your not a Rennie? 

June 7, 2013 4:12 AM BST
  • Column widths have just been reduced over the past week in the forums, which means that images that were carefully sized to fit the width of the message box are now cut down on one side - also carefully crafted tables have been ruined formatting wise entailing a lot of work to re-adjust them.

June 8, 2013 2:53 PM BST
  • It's because of an effort to help the forums to pay their way by adding a new column to the right.  It shouldn't really affect images posted here too much though because that is also determined by the size of screen each user has.  Remember a growing number of our members now access the forums via their iPads and tablet devices and even smartphones which often have very small screens.

In addition to the physical size of the user's screen, the resolution in which they are viewing is also a factor in what size various object appear to be. 

So, making an image fit the size message box on your screen does not mean it will fit on anybody else's computer.

However, if you all say that you don't like the two-column format in the forums, we can change it back to how it was.  I rather not, because we are terribly poor with a mounting pile of bills but if that 's what you want, just say so.

Hugs, Katie   x

June 9, 2013 6:19 PM BST
  • Looks ok to me Katie but thats just me.

June 9, 2013 8:27 PM BST