Geeky Cali-Girl

• 19 posts
    November 24, 2011 12:03 PM GMT

HELLO! I kinda wish I'd found this board a little faster, but not seeing it initially gave me a chance to go through some of the forums and make a couple posts and read things already. I'm super glad to have found this place, even if my exposure to it is still rather fresh. This seems like a great place to connect and share.

I think I covered a lot of this in my profile, but I'm a pretty geeky girl. Almost anything that can be associated with geekdom has been part of my interest. I'm also into some nerdy things too, after all I plan to get into electrical engineering (it sounds like it would serve my creative and logical aspects (not to mention the money, which I'm sure we're all concerned with)).

As far as my transgenderism goes, I've mostly kept it to myself. My earliest memories involve playing as a girl and even asking questions about "If I wished hard enough, could I be a girl?" I've also been off again on again. It's not until recently that I've been more active in becomming female. I'm working on the things I can change that won't effect anything, yet (such as changing my voice, learning makeup, etc). I have yet to go out in public en femme, mostly because I want to be able to pass pretty well and also keep from being recognized (might have to go slightly out of town for that to work... but there are other scary reasons that make you want to stay close to home sometimes).

I'm hoping to make some friends here, and maybe get lucky finding other Californians and maybe hanging out (especially if they're close). I'm very friendly and don't bite (unless you're into that sort of thing).

Luvs,

Tara W.

• 110 posts
    November 24, 2011 7:17 PM GMT
    Great to have you here Tara. I would love to hang out with you but I guess living in the uk it might be a little difficult lol. I'm sure you've got a much better chance of finding somone close to you than I have. Good luck and have fun. Hugs Lillith
  • November 26, 2011 6:48 PM GMT
    HI Tara!!

Welcome. I'm also somewhat of a geek. I hope you find this site a "Safe Harbor" to share and learn from you sisters here. oxox Michelle
    • 4 posts
    March 30, 2012 6:54 PM BST
    Hi Tara,

I used to live in Cali over in Oxnard, Ventura County.

Total geekette here as well as a history of conventions as well as ren faires including anime expo, san diego comc con and escondido, and ojai ren faires.

How are you doing these days?

sincerely,
    Cait
    • 19 posts
    April 1, 2012 10:46 AM BST
    Very Well Caitlin. I love to make new friends and talk geek. Feel free to hit my profile, send me a message, or read my blog! n.n
  • April 1, 2012 4:07 PM BST
    Hi Tara - Love your spunky profile pic !!!! Have a wonderful rest of your weekend, Michelle