Masi's Coming Out Part 2

• 19 posts
    January 10, 2012 12:54 AM GMT

Well I did it. I took what I think is the last step, although who knows what the future may hold. I went out dressed in public. Might I just say what a rush. I was wearing a long sleeved black dress with a ruffle around the waist, with a black jacket that had a red satin lining. The jacket was short sleeved and had these cute ruffles around  the cuffs and a cute little grey hat to top it off. See my profile pic to get the full effect. Anyway enough about what I was wearing and onto the experience of it all. Ok were to start, I was scared, I was scared out of my mind, I was expecting the worst, most horrific outcome of all. And nothing happened. Literally not one bad thing happened. Now I was in a gay bar that seemed trans friendly and on top of that it was a drag show so Tgirls weren't to uncommon (OK they weren't really trans but at least I wasn't the only guy in a dress in the building). My girl friend, my room mate, my best friend since the eighth grade, and two gg friends went with me so it was a pretty decent entourage that came along. In hindsight I have no idea why I was so terrified of what would happen, I mean I was surrounded by people that loved and cared for me and I was in an lgbt bar why would I think that I would be jumped and kicked to death by violent rednecks. Needless to say the whole event went over incredibly well. I met some new friends, I socialized, and I got out. It was incredibly liberating and empowering, it was the best I've felt in a long time. The lesson learned here to everyone who has doubts about going out is that the whole process isn't nearly as impossible an obstacle as it seems, even if you can't pass 100%. I know I didn't my femme voice still sucks, and my walk is laughably bad but none of that mattered once I got out and just did it, in the end I don't know what I was worried about. Thanks for reading.

Hugs!!!!

Masi,

• 110 posts
    January 10, 2012 7:33 AM GMT
    Sounds like you had a great night Masi. Good for you girl. There's gonna be no stopping you now. Hugs Lillith
    • 65 posts
    January 10, 2012 8:35 PM GMT

Masi, reading this brought a smile to my face hun and it goes to show just what you can do when you conquer your fears. I'm so glad you had a great time and i hope its the beginning of many for you. take care hun. Hugs Faye xxx

This post was edited by Faye Morrow at January 10, 2012 8:36 PM GMT
    • 214 posts
    January 10, 2012 9:20 PM GMT
    Well done masi, its a great feeling is it not.
    • 214 posts
    January 10, 2012 9:20 PM GMT
    Well done masi, its a great feeling is it not.
    • 43 posts
    February 5, 2012 11:28 PM GMT
    Well done. The fear is understandable but I'm sure that you'll get to the point where you dont even think about it Brilliant!
  • January 21, 2014 7:49 PM GMT

Masi, I am very happy for you and your First going out! Being scared is very normal and then you saw that everything is alright and not happening anything wrong! People around saw only Masi and nothing else! Next time will be easier for you and so on and on! All the best to you!

LindaWink

• 95 posts
    February 15, 2014 1:53 PM GMT

Yay! You look fantabulous! It only gets better from now on! Congrats and so happy you had an awesome time!

-Robin xxx