Forum » Gender Society Public Forums » Hormone City » Needing Hormone Advice

Needing Hormone Advice

Tags : None
  • Hello All,

I am a 19 year old trans male to female. I have recently been pondering whether or not to start my HRT. I have come to the decision that this is something that I truly want to do. I am currently unemployed, therefore am wondering if anyone on here knows or has advice on how to get the hormones' I need by ordering online. My fiance, does anabolic steroids and  gave me the idea to go on a forum as he is to ask questions and see what all the different forums I can either find on here, order online, or a good and reliable place to find what I am needing. Please feel free to comment or e-mail, or write me on here with advice, thoughts, concerns, or just to say HI! Thanks for reading!

Kelly!

February 13, 2012 10:16 PM GMT
    3 1652 3‚ 0
    Hi Kida, scroll to the bottom of this page and you should find a banner link to Inhouse Pharmacy who are a reputable site selling genuine products at reasonable prices.
    Don't go taking stuff unless you know what you are doing though!
    xx
      February 13, 2012 11:14 PM GMT
  • Thank you so much. I have went on a couple of medical website's and looked at what they recomend that I take. I was wondering if you had any sugestions to which I should start out with?

Regaurds
    Kida
      February 13, 2012 11:27 PM GMT
  • Thank you so much. I have went on a couple of medical website's and looked at what they recomend that I take. I was wondering if you had any sugestions to which I should start out with?

Regaurds
    Kida
      February 13, 2012 11:27 PM GMT
    3 1652 3‚ 0
    Kida you really shouldn't get into this until you have done loads of research and weighed up all the options. Always a good idea to get professional advice, but better still to know for yourself exactly what you are doing, what you are taking, the side-effects, precautions, risks, and of course the intended effects.
    That said, I'd recommend bio-identical estradiol, as it is by far the safest form of oestrogen. Patches and gels are the safest delivery method, but more expensive.
    Always, start off on a low dose and gradually increase if necessary over a period of months. Do not be impatient.
    2mg Estrofem per day would be a good starting point. But please, at least do some reading first. And feel free to ask any specific questions here.
    xx
      February 14, 2012 12:25 AM GMT
  • Kida...don't start taking this stuff until you know what and how much and why you're taking it...do NOT rush into...you have the rest of life to live and you only get one shot at it. Also, many if not most of the physical changes are permanent...
    Best wishes always..
    Traci
    <p>Traci</p>
      February 14, 2012 12:47 AM GMT
  • Hiya Kida!
    Just want to reiterate what has already been said, and that is please be careful what you take and remember it is permanent too. I would like to see you getting the help of a doctor as it is dangerous to go it alone so to speak! Pleas be careful and take care of yourself!

Hugs!

Jayne XXX
      February 14, 2012 6:58 PM GMT
  • I have recently found a group that will help with this. I had no idea that I had one were I lived so the doc will be helping me...THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH FOR THE KIND WORDS AND REMARKS...

BEST WISHES TO ALL,
    Kida
      February 22, 2012 7:43 PM GMT
  • Enjoy your journey Kida! We're here if you need some help!
    Traci xoxo
    <p>Traci</p>
      February 23, 2012 2:05 AM GMT
  • Hi Kida, read your post I self medicate I buy them fron inhouse Pharmacy link on main page I started initially on 1mg Estrofem I'm now taking 2mg I've also taken Spirolactane a anti Androgen but please do your own research  one site you might find info is http://www.annelawrence.com/index.html good luck. Christy B
    Christy Bradford
      March 2, 2012 11:01 AM GMT
  • I am 34 years old and I have used hormones and Spiro before when I was about 23 years old. I used them for about a year and quit because I started having a little erectile trouble and nipple soreness with light green junk coming out of them. I would like to take them again. My end goal would be full breast development and laser hair removal. Let me know if anyone has any advice? I would hope to avoid any erectile problems but loss of size would be interesting.
      June 15, 2014 5:31 PM BST
  • It's not ala-carte Ross...you'll get body changes from breasts to "down there"...you can't pick this or pick that...best wishes always!

Traci xoxo

<p>Traci</p>
      June 17, 2014 2:35 AM BST
  • Well all changes would be acceptable of course.  Thanks.  I jist hope that everything goes well.

June 17, 2014 5:37 AM BST
    3 1652 3‚ 0
    Hi Ross, if you're going to take female hormones for any length of time then erectile problems are almost inevitable. This will happen with estrogen alone, you probably donn't need to take anti-androgens such as Spiro, which can be quite a dangerous drug if you're not very careful. Avoiding potassium-rich foods and having regular blood tests are essential if you take Spiro. It's best avoided really.
    What hormones did you take before?
    xx
      June 17, 2014 10:14 AM BST
  • I took estrofem, progesterone, and spiro before for around a year.

June 17, 2014 2:43 PM BST
    3 1652 3‚ 0
    Thanks Ross. I have no medical expertise but I am curious, especially about the green gunk that came out of your nipples. Excess progesterone could be the cause of this; I've read that milk production (to a degree) can be triggered in M2F's by taking a regular dose of progesterone and/or stopping suddenly. I tend to take many such stories with a pinch of salt as you see all sorts on the internet, though I do believe this is actually possible.
    Did you take progesterone every day, and which type?
    If you're going to start hormones again I would suggest it best to start on a low dose of just estrogen. This alone will reduce testosterone levels drastically (hence the reason why penile dysfunction is inevitable).
    Spiro or any other anti-androgen should be totally unnecessary once you're a few years past puberty. And *occasional* use of progesterone, which is probably not crucial for feminisation, is probably best left until post-op.
    But I don't know if you want to go that far. Saying you are concerned about erectile problems does tend to get all of us post-ops wondering...
    xx
      June 17, 2014 8:15 PM BST
  • My name is kim. My gynecologist just prescribed me estradial 4mg but just be sure u want to proceed cause without surgery the twins will b permanent. Kisses.
      July 22, 2014 9:13 PM BST