Estrogen and T Count

• 95 posts
    February 20, 2012 1:14 PM GMT

Ok .. so I just went through my last reevaluation of my self regarding HRT. I'd say this is my 3000th before finally starting. Just a wild guess there lol but it has been many years to get to this point. Well I'm off to the races now and already feel a weight has been lifted off me.

My question is this. I am over 40 and wanted to do the safest form so decided on transdermal Estrodot 100 to start. I am shying away from anti-androgens for now. They just scare me a bit and I figure to start I would just begin with a straight E regime. My thinking is since I'm older my T levels should be dropping already naturally. For example morning erections are non-existent and have been quite a few years. As I understand estrogen can and will lower T levels to female levels alone but it takes more time. Am I way off on this? So many people are so anti-androgen positive out there. They seem like a pretty serious med to me. I plan on getting an endo blood test in 5 or 6 weeks but just was wondering in the mean time if my logic makes sense.

I will do anti-andros if I have to but as I said just would rather not. I had also talked to Traci about Androease which is an herbal that sounds like it has good potential which I favor if in fact my T levels do need extra help to lower. Am I right though? Estrogen does lower T levels eventually correct?

This post was edited by Jessica Nova at February 20, 2012 1:20 PM GMT
    • 1652 posts
    February 20, 2012 3:39 PM GMT
    You are spot on Jessica. Estrogen alone will most definitely reduce T levels. On the right dosage (which you should build up to gradually) it will reduce T to negligible levels. My T levels pre-op were too low to be accurately measured, so the result was shown as <0.5 whatever the unit was (pg/mol or something, sorry can't remember exactly), ie virtually nothing. What's more, it won't take as long as you seem to think. An intensive course of anti-androgens will probably send your T levels plummeting quickly, not necessarily a good thing, but estrogen alone will reduce it to an acceptable level in a just a few weeks, and won't upset your system as anti-androgens might.
    Spironalactone and Androcur (other AA's are available) are indeed very serious drugs, risky and with side-effects, and if everyone believes they are essential then everyone has been misled.
    One other thing, please don't mix up ANY "herbal hormone" product with human estrogen, it will interfere adversely. Estrogen is the stuff, it's all you need to feminize your body.
    Please, just be patient, start off on a low dose and don't expect your T levels to fall immediately, and generally don't expect miracles.
    Hormone treatment takes years and years and there is no quick fix.
    xx
    • 746 posts
    February 21, 2012 12:50 AM GMT
    Lucy, I'll respectfully disagree with you on the herbal AA...it did work it's wonders for me as advertised and this is not the crap you buy in bulk and need to swallow tons of. It did accelerate my changes and I do not take it anymore either...just let the E do the rest...but I am chemically castrated and it did not happen with the E alone. And there are zero side effects from it..let's not turn this into a flaming war of words..you just have to believe me! Only one member in here has seen me since I began...Wendy the moderator from California...I'm sure she can vouch for my appearance/build. If you wish, send me your private email address and I'll send you a topless pic...then you too can judge for yourself if they worked...and I'm 61 yrs old and was told not to expect very much change...(smile)
    Traci xoxo
    • 746 posts
    February 21, 2012 12:51 AM GMT
    But yes Jessica, the E alone will take your T down as well...not as fast, but it will work, especially if your T is kinda low as a baseline.
    Best wishes always!
    Traci xoxo
    • 1652 posts
    February 21, 2012 1:01 AM GMT
    I don't doubt that you've had good development Traci, but I do think you would have got it with Estrogen alone, and there is no reason why it should take any longer without an anti-T drug, or herbal T or herbal tea...
    I'm not flaming you at all, wouldn't dream of it, but I will always tell people to avoid the herbals!
    Estrogen - works, 'nuff said.
    xx
    • 746 posts
    February 21, 2012 1:09 AM GMT
    I guess my point I'd like to make is that there is more than one way to safely drive down your T. 'nuff said..point made! (smile)
    Traci xoxo
    • 1652 posts
    February 21, 2012 1:35 AM GMT
    And the safest, easiest, and cheapest way to do that is to just take estrogen.
    Not that I want to have the last word or anything...
    xx
    • 746 posts
    February 21, 2012 2:22 AM GMT
    OK...now that you mentioned the last word, I've said enough too...(smile)
    Traci xoxo
    • 95 posts
    February 21, 2012 3:22 AM GMT

LOL Love you two <3. Thank you both for your replies. I am glad to know my research seems to be correct. I'll definitly be interested to see my endo results when I do the test after straight E. I do believe that herbals can lower T. I'm not 100% convinced about the herbal E's but I have no experience and can't say. I do trust Traci had some results she liked from them. If at all possible I want to stay away from spiro though. Anything that stresses the liver and is diuretic and causes bone problems just scares me. Not to mention the list of other complications there seems to be. I'll compromise though and try herbal Androease if in fact the doctor says I need to do AA's. I really hope though this isn't the case. I want to keep my regime as stream lined as possible. I am prepared for a long process and my thinking as of now is E will be part of me many years to come so...if it takes a few months more to get there seems like nothing to worry about. Again thank you both!! xxx Jessica

This post was edited by Jessica Nova at February 21, 2012 3:24 AM GMT
    • 434 posts
    February 21, 2012 3:51 AM GMT
    Jessica,
    Caution is always best. We are all a bit different from each other and react differently in some respects - so I would rather see you get good medical advice regarding all this.
    • 746 posts
    February 21, 2012 2:25 PM GMT
    Dr. Traci O'Gara concurs! (smile)
    xoxo
    • 95 posts
    February 23, 2012 1:52 AM GMT
    Thanks Doanna . I agree and definitly will be talking to a qualified medical professional soon when I get my endo tests done. I just wanted some opinions from girls with some knowledge here too. Traci thanks miss sexy Dr. Candy Striper hugz xxx
    • 746 posts
    February 23, 2012 2:04 AM GMT
    (smile) That'll be $250...LOL
    Best wishes Jessica...enjoy the journey!
    Traci xoxo