Salutations!

• March 5, 2012 1:29 AM GMT

Mkay... let's think how to start this. Hi! ^-^

Good start, right? Birth name Kyle David McLean, just adding an "E" on the end of that. I'm 18, going 19 in the summer and I'm a trangen MTF, no surgeries or anything- in spirit. My, that sounds religious doesn't it? I'm just trying to be expressive with my words.

I got a lot to say, and I haven't seen a lot of activity at all here on the forums... So, with that:

1) Not a lot of activity on the forums.

Why is this...? I hope the website isn't dying, it seems like such a good idea. I'm looking around and -most- of the most recent forum posts are from 2011...

2) Why all the emphasis on "Transgernder [Insert Word Here]"?

I understand the need to comfort, but IMO if people make a big deal out of things such as transsexualism or crossdressing, they're never going to be accepted in society- They're going to be isolated into little communities like this... Integrate, don't segregate! ^w^

3) I'm 18 and still new to this planet.

Sure, I'm young- Hell, this might be a "phase." I hate that word. >.< But please don't mistake me for someone who is immature.

I've probably already left impressions, but hey... That's not my job to decide how people react!

~K

• 364 posts
    March 5, 2012 2:40 AM GMT

Oh to be 18 again 1 Kylee, why not be optomistic? The transgender community has made giant strides since my young days and it is up to the young to continue doing so. Not so long ago the gay community was in the same position as we are now. Currently many of our TG people are ""öut"" and leading normal lives. I agree that the forums are not being used like they were on our previous site and do not have an answer. Perhaps you will get a few replies on that. Hugs Joanne

This post was edited by Joanne Lee at March 5, 2012 2:42 AM GMT
  • March 5, 2012 7:31 AM GMT
    I find that when walking the space between two opposites, things always have a way of balancing themselves out. Too much optimism can dissapoint you, and too much pessimism will bring brighter things if you can accept them. ^-^
    ~K
    • 2 posts
    June 5, 2012 12:42 PM BST
    i completely agree with everything you just said!
    nice to have someone like minded on the forums.