Hello to everyone!!

Tags : None
  • Hello!!

I just wanted to say hello to everyone, my name is Michelle,I am a female trans-woman. I have been a member of this site on and off since 2007,this site helped me a great deal during the early stages of my transition. I have been full time nearly 4 years and i am due to have my GRS surgery very soon :) :) I was in the recent documentary shown on ITV1 "My dad is a woman. Hopefully I will be back for a while this time  and would love to share my experiences and make new friends. :) xx

March 19, 2012 5:25 PM GMT
  • 1 146
    Hi Michelle, Thanks for sharing . I just watched the ITV video.I was just so pleased to see such a positive representation of a Transgendered persons close relationships being so important supportive and understanding.This gives us all hope.
    <p>Donna_V</p>
      March 19, 2012 9:09 PM GMT
  • Missed you Michelle! glad all is going so well for you! xoxo
    <p>Traci</p>
      March 19, 2012 10:29 PM GMT
  • Hi Michelle , Thank you so much for sharing in the excellent itv documentary.I saw so much of that in me.I am in the early stages of transition and the documentry was both helpful and encouraging to myself and my wife who bless her is staying with me and supporting me during my transition.I am also blessed tin having a supportive son and the support of my immediate family and that of my wifes family.Hope all goes well when you have your surgery.
      March 19, 2012 11:36 PM GMT
  • Thanks for all your lovely messages and support for the documentary. The only reason I agreed to to take part was because we were promised that it would be done sensitively and portray a positive message, which I think it did. :)
    Emma good luck with everything, if you need to talk don't be afraid to message me, great news that your wife is supporting you, it makes a massive difference. xx
      March 20, 2012 1:20 PM GMT
  • Thank Michelle for your good wishes and and offer of support which i am sure i will take you up on.It has made a massive difference having my wife supporting me and accompanying me to all my appointments with the medics and the gi clinic.
      March 20, 2012 10:14 PM GMT
  • Hi Michelle and welcome back. Congrats on becoming a TV star. Where can we see it?

Hugs, Katie x
    Success is the ability to go from one failure to the next without any loss of enthusiasm!
      March 21, 2012 7:02 PM GMT
  • it was on ITV1 on march the 1st, so maybe still ITV player or google "My dad is a woman" x
      March 21, 2012 10:08 PM GMT
  • Hi Michelle, I saw the documentary on telly and thought you came across as a lovely woman.
    Best of luck with SRS.
    xx
      March 22, 2012 1:13 AM GMT
  • Ah, found it...

http://www.itv.com/itvplayer/video/?Filter=308830

Very good Michelle!

Katie x
    Success is the ability to go from one failure to the next without any loss of enthusiasm!
      March 25, 2012 10:39 AM BST
  • I was looking forward to watching it just to find out, only people who live in the UK can view it.
      March 29, 2012 10:03 AM BST