women wear what they want and so do I

• 5 posts
    March 26, 2012 8:12 PM BST

Hi. I'm an androgynous genderqueer male (if I had to define it) from Cumbria. I feel alienated by the social standards of gender roles and I think I could of benefited from being born a girl. I often wear makeup and 'womens clothes'. I'm very much 'out' about it, if I'm having a night out I put on make up and squeeze my heels on.
    I don't feel the need to go through any form of transition or go by anything but male gender pro-nouns, but I strongly empathise with trans-folk. Any TV shows about trans-issues I watch, and may get teary eyed over
    I am also hetro-romantic-asexual. There seems to be quite a few people who identify as ace who are also genderqueer.

I guess I started off slowly to dicovering my gender. I always like dressing up as a kid, whether being a lady, pirate or monster. I always was intreaged by my mothers makeup and jewelry too. When I got to my teens i became aware of bands like Placebo, Manic Street Preachers, Marilyn Manson and went through a Goth Phase just to wear makeup (tho now I still really like the goth scene). My parents were worried about it at the time but now are totally cool about it all.