Forum » Gender Society Public Forums » Creative Writing » Two Worlds - Short Story

Two Worlds - Short Story

Tags : None
  • Two Worlds

by

Caitlin Boeing

It was nearly sundown and a cool wind blew in the ocean from the west. There i was sitting on the beach with the lady i deeply admired. Her smile was cosmic, like the big bang all over again and her deep green eyes glittered like the most beautiful gems ever seen even by eyes of gods. Her silken body glistened like the morning dew.

I brushed the picnic basket aside and positioned myself closer to her. Gently caressing her shoulders with my hands.

I tried to make my move but my heart said, 'i dare not spoil such a gift from god'.

The angel of light turned to me and asked in a soft whisper, "what's wrong?"

I was stunned. Thoughts raced through my mind of what i wanted to do at that moment.

However no matter my urges, i wouldn't, no, i couldn't act out my animalistic desires with her. She was special more of a sweet innocence that would be spoiled if taken advantage of.

I looked into her eyes and suddenly my urges subsided. I saw the pureness of her heart. A gentleness matched only by the aura she gave off. A calmness like the ocean we sat by not twenty feet away from.

We sat there on the beach. I held her in my arms never wanting to let go.

Just as the top of the sun was about to reach the horizon she turned to me and said, "i'm sorry. This was never meant to be. Thank you for your kindness. I will never forget you.”

I looked at her as she got up of the blanket and walked towards the ocean. My jaw was caught open unsure of what to say.

She walked into the crystalline waters of the ocean and before my eyes she started to change.

Her two legs morphed into one and light green fish scales appeared on her newly found fin.

"don't go!!!" I yelled to her.

She simply replied, "i must. We are of two different worlds."

I fell to me knees. I tried to get to her. Smell her hair one more time. I dearly wanted to hold her once more in my arms. But it was not to be.

She waved from the water as i cried out her name one last time.

With the next wave she was gone. Gone out of my life forever and at that moment i felt truly alone for the first time.

With the tears streaming down my face the sun went past the horizon.

Then all went black.

March 28, 2012 7:55 AM BST