New here

Tags : None
  • Hi,I am Allyson and I am a 33 year old pre op ts,my srs is in September finishing up my transition.It all happened 2 years ago,my wife Angela and I worked things out in our marriage at the time.She knew there was something wrong and I had a secret to tell her.It was finally when I came out telling her I could not live my life having feelings I am a woman trapped in a man's body.My wife was heart broken at first,we decide to work things out again on this which went great.The next step was telling my parents,my mother took the news very well and my father thought it was his fault.I looked at him and said it was not his fault.It got to the point I did seek help being diagnosed with gender dysphoria.Therapist said it was best to put me on hormone therapy.My wife thought she was going to lose me,I told her I am going to be the same with a life as a woman.The hardest part was telling my son Max and daughter Paige I was going to become a woman.It was hard and luckily the therapist I saw found a counsoler for them dealing with this.My son and daughter still call me dad and Allyson most of the time now.I am lucky to have my parents,they have supported me,knowing their only child will be their daughter.I admit my wife sees I am happy and has been supportive too and wants to spend the rest of her life with me.

June 23, 2012 2:26 AM BST
  • Welcome Allyson, you have the hard part behind you now and can start living your your life as a complete, whole person. Good luck in September
    Carol xx
      June 23, 2012 3:26 PM BST
  • Thanks and I knew I was female when I was 2 years old.I am looking towards the SRS getting rid of the remaining defect I have left.The work place,it has been great thanks to a no discrimination policy in efect for 3 years now
      June 23, 2012 4:25 PM BST