Forum » Gender Society Public Forums » UK Forum » Torquay T-Girls Weekend

Torquay T-Girls Weekend

Tags : None
  • Layla and I were discussing the possibilities of a weekend for t-girls and I suggested my home town of Torquay and have now found a lovely quiet hotel which is gay and t-girl friendly.  Today I went down to meet the owners and discuss possible dates etc and the best weekenc for them at the moment is either the last weekend of September (arriving Friday 28th September/departing Sunday 30th) or the first weekend in October (arriving Friday 5th October/departing Sunday 7th).

People could choose to arrive on the Saturday and depart on the Monday if they so wish - or if you want to make a really long weekend of it you can opt to arrive on the Friday and depart on the Monday, the hotel is very flexible about this.

The hotel is very clean and comfortable and a bit olde-worlde, certainly not like any of the Premiere Lodge Inns dotted around the country.  Nice gardens and, if we would like, he will put on a barbeque for us on the Saturday evening (weather permitting).

Torquay is very free from transphobia and there have only been 2 reported transphobic incidents in the town during the last three years.

The hotel is the Cliff House Hotel and you can view their web site here:-
    http://www.cliffhousehotel.co.uk/

Below is a photograph of the nearby beach (Meadfoot Beach if anybody knows the area):-

This post was edited by Former Member at August 6, 2012 8:31 AM BST
      July 19, 2012 5:25 PM BST
  • Anybody interested please leave your name below and the weekend that you would prefer

This post was edited by Former Member at July 19, 2012 7:37 PM BST
      July 19, 2012 5:33 PM BST
  • I could only manage the 28 - 30th as St Audries finishes on 23 sept - so I would need to book for the whole week 23 -to-30th 2 weeks as rosie he he

This post was edited by rosie Bush at July 19, 2012 9:16 PM BST
      July 19, 2012 9:15 PM BST
  • Yep, I fink I'm up for that.
    (in the best possible taste)
      July 19, 2012 10:09 PM BST
  • Looks a lovely spot girls book me down, ready for a hol. xxxx late september would suit me.
      July 19, 2012 11:45 PM BST
  • I 'm happy to atttend either weekend,depends on the weather really
      July 20, 2012 5:43 AM BST
  • I would love to come to and either date would be ok.
      July 23, 2012 6:06 AM BST
  • The last weekend in September has been now chosen. Please book directly with the hotel and also say it is with the Gender Society T-Girls Weekend when you book. The telephone number is 01803 294 656

Most people will be arriving on Friday 28th September and leaving Sunday 30th September, others might prefer to arrive Saturday and leave Monday, but if you want to make a long weekend of it, why not stay Friday til Monday.  The prices are very reasonable at around £35 per night, so it is well worth staying that extra day - go on, treat yourselves, you know you're worth it.

This post was edited by Former Member at July 24, 2012 8:30 AM BST
      July 24, 2012 8:25 AM BST
  • I have just been down to the hotel again this afternoon to confirm the dates and with the state of the weather, there has been an upturn in the advanced bookings - SO PLEASE BOOK YOUR ROOM QUICKLY TO AVOID DISAPPOINTMENT
      July 24, 2012 4:21 PM BST
  • Hi Girls - -- done it - I have booked for 7 nights 23rd to 30 th sept--- am gona make a meal of it lol
      July 24, 2012 4:21 PM BST
  • Confirmed Bookings:-

Carol
    Rosie
    Matt
    Layla
    April
    Felicity
    Roslyn
    Sabini
    Katie - didn't come
    Sairah
    Tina
    Janey
    Karen
    Chris
    Keef - didn't come
    =============
    Total 13

This post was edited by Former Member at October 1, 2012 1:17 AM BST
      July 25, 2012 11:05 AM BST
  • Booked the hotel from 28th September to 30th September, leaving on 1st October. Looking forward to seeing you all there xx

Felicity
      July 25, 2012 1:35 PM BST
  • I'm booked in for the whole week from Sunday 23rd following on directly from my holiday at St Audries Bay. (Same as Rosie)
    Roslyn
      July 25, 2012 3:03 PM BST
  • Great stuff ladies - the more the merrier xx
      July 25, 2012 6:50 PM BST
  • Thank you for your message Carol, I am certanily interested, Might be to much for me as a crossdresser but I would love to meet you all and be Karen as I want to be. Funny enough I would like to get away the first weekend in Sept / Oct. Can you give me more details please. Thanks for now 

Love Karen XXX

July 26, 2012 10:54 PM BST
  • Hi Karen love,

The hotel is gay and t-girl friendly (see my description at the top of the page).  If you feel uncomfortable going out dressed, then that is fine - dress when you want and go in drab if you wish to go out to dine etc.  It can be a huge step from dressing alone and at home to taking those first few tentative steps through the door and everybody does it in their own time.  It is meant to be a comfortable experience for everybody, so nobody will force you to do something that you feel uneasy about.  Just being in the company of other t-girls can be a tremendous experience and the hotel is small and friendly and so you will not have the fear of being mocked or ridiculed by any of the other guests.  If you need help and advice on makeup there will be plenty of girls who can help out with that.

As you said in your profile "Hopin­g to spend­ a weekend­ away when­ I can dre­ss as a wo­man all th­e time" - well here is that opportunity for you to do so in safety and at your own comfort level

Carol xx

July 27, 2012 8:41 AM BST
  • Wooooh booked the hotel this morning, see you all there yayyyyy. Be lovely to meet everyone after all this time in chat. xxxx Janey.
      July 27, 2012 10:41 AM BST
  • Way to go Janey - thought you were getting cold feet for the moment - but I guess that is not possible in the cuurent weather lol xx

Carol xx
      July 27, 2012 10:51 AM BST
  • Damp feet Carol fed up of the wellies lol. Smiles. xxx
      July 27, 2012 12:22 PM BST
  • ..... and welcome Karen, your little adventure starts soon

Carol xx
      July 27, 2012 2:21 PM BST
  • Well I have booked Thursday to Sunday :-)
      July 31, 2012 2:31 PM BST
  • Just thought id mention me and April booked a few days ago.
    Peace out xxxxxxxxxxxxx
      July 31, 2012 9:38 PM BST
  • I'm up for this, if you'll have me :)
      August 2, 2012 1:35 AM BST
  • Of course, we would love to see you there Keith xx
      August 2, 2012 1:38 AM BST
  • Its growing legs.
      August 2, 2012 11:20 AM BST