Our fearless leader speaks

• August 5, 2004 7:59 PM BST
    "Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we,"

GW Bush 8/5/04 during the signing of the defense appropriations bill

At last GW speaks the truth

We really have to do better than this guy. Almost anyone would do at this point.

Hugs,

Betty
  • August 5, 2004 8:41 PM BST
    LMAO!!!!!!

Only he could say something like that!!!!! I can't decide itf it's his choice of ad-libs, or if it's his choice of speechwriter, but he sure does come out with the strangest of things.
    • 1083 posts
    August 5, 2004 8:48 PM BST
    ...sounds like a Freudian Slip to me...!

Besides, I thought it was the Government's job to keep us safe from democracy.

Mina Sakura
  • August 5, 2004 9:36 PM BST
    I have no doubt whatsoever that the present regime is doing it's utmost to keep us safe from democracy.

Hugs,

Betty
    • 539 posts
    September 6, 2004 6:02 PM BST
    The title of this thread suddenly makes a connection for me.

Our "Fearless Leader" the idiot George W. Bush has a lot in common with "Fearless Leader" from the Rocky & Bullwinkle show. No wonder I hate him so much.

I certainly hope we will get rid of him in November, but I am beginning to feel discouraged. John Kerry, as I had predicted early on, hasn't exactly emerged as a strong candidate. Leave it to the Democrats to pick a dismal candidate from a whole slate of dismal candidates; it will be largely their fault if Bush wins. When will we ever find another Roosevelt, or even another Clinton? Note: this condemnatory statement comes from an active Democrat; sometimes I get disgusted with my party. Also, things are getting pretty bad when I feel nostalgia for Clinton.

Heather H.