Maria Miller - the newly appointed Equalities Minister

• September 6, 2012 9:40 AM BST

I cannot believe that David Cameron is so brainless as to appoint Maria Miller as the new Disabilities and Equalities minister.

This woman voted:-
    Against gay adoption rights
    Against the Human Fertilisatiom and Embryology bill (which would give lesbian couples the ability to receive fertility treatment)
    Against the process of the Racial and Religious Hatred bill
    But she is in favour of:
    Defining homomphobia, transphobia, racial hatred and prejudice as simply "Freedom of Speech"

And she is now the Minister for Equality - this has to be the most grotesque appointment since Hitler began his rise to power in the 1930's.

If anybody feels as strongly about this as I do the please sign this e-petition:
    http://epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/27730

• September 6, 2012 6:07 PM BST

Deleted

This post was edited by Former Member at April 11, 2013 6:18 PM BST
    • 51 posts
    September 7, 2012 12:17 AM BST

It seems Osborne was the key driver in deciding the appointments in the reshuffle. The lurch to the right - OK - massive bound - to me shows a party that knows the game is getting to the point where it will soon be up. Osborne as party tactician LOL knows that with the government's singular lack of success the Lib Dems are going to be electorally destroyed (and deservedly too). He knows that Labour will pick up most of those votes so the move to reassure their own constituency means he is worried about losing votes to UKIP. So I would say to any dissatified Conservatives who I know would never, ever vote Labour please vote UKIP.

This post was edited by Nell S at September 7, 2012 12:18 AM BST
  • December 15, 2012 3:14 AM GMT
    It looks like she has a few local difficulties with her Parliamentary expense claims, as well as having to push through policies she doesn't agree with. Yet another great appointment from Dave. Will be interesting to see how it develops.