Boring meet.

• September 10, 2012 3:06 PM BST

I agreed to meet a guy in York - which is a lovely old city - so we met by the river and chose a nice pub.

After two minutes it was obvious the guy had no idea of social niceties as his chat was nothing but I/me/I think - and any topic I tried to start was just brushed aside with more of his I/me talk.

So I finished the drink and left him alone to wonder why he is alone and I went to watch a bride arriving in horse drawn carriage to get married at the Minster and had a nice chat with some folks from down south...then I treated myself to some pretty new shoes.  

• 434 posts
    September 22, 2012 6:25 PM BST
    Rose, you did the right thing. plus, you met some new people and ended up with some pretty new shoes!
    The world is full of people like this guy and whether you are a GG, Guy, or TG...you will have to deal with the as they come.
  • September 22, 2012 7:06 PM BST
    Far better that than sit there in silence because the guy was too embarrassed/shy to talk. That happened to me on one date (and I had told him in advance about me to give him the chance of backing out), but it was like pulling hen's teeth trying to get more than a one word answer out of him. It was really hard work trying to draw him out of his shell and in the end I thought this just isn't worth the time and effort I am putting into it.

Fortunately, most of my other dates have been really nice (I use hetero dating sites, not some of the tranny ones - and the more expensive ones tend to give you far better dates than some of the cheaper ones). The more expensive the dating site, the more articulate and interesting the guys are - so I have found it to be well worth paying that little bit extra in order to meet a really nice guy.
    • 434 posts
    September 23, 2012 4:03 AM BST
    Yes Carol - if you buy an expensive dress - you know the seams won't "let go" the first time you wear it.