Forum » Gender Society Public Forums » Coming Out » So, I just confessed to my friends

So, I just confessed to my friends

Tags : None
  • 3 of my best friends (2 guys, 1 girl) in fact. I let them know that I am bigendered tonight, and that I identify as a girl much of the time. And much to my delight, they all accepted me without question. My two guy friends felt honored that I came out to them and that this doesn't change anything in our relationship, and they were even willing to ask questions. And my girlfriend said that anything she could do to help indulge my female side she wanted to. Needless to say, I have amazing friends, and I chose wisely the people I interact with. If you're hesitant in coming out, just think about the friends you have and you're history. Deep down, you'll know their answer before you even ask, but that doesn't mean the acceptance isn't nice to hear first hand. :)

I share this story to give others who have yet to share with their friends some hope. Your true friends will love you no matter what, and in fact, we are probably closer than ever now as a result. Your friends like to no there is no barrier between you.

I wish all others with this endeavor luck in their own lives, should they choose to share how they feel. Needless to say, I feel lighter than I have in a long while. I would love to hear some similar stories.

Love,
    Patrick/Tatianna

November 10, 2012 8:54 AM GMT
  • Hi Tatia,
    So glad life is going your way. I jus t came out to my brother and his wife and the same occured. They love me and we all are much closer. Sometimes we are our own worst enemy.
    Love,
    Elle
      November 16, 2012 4:55 AM GMT
  • Hi I have come out to the people who mean the most to me. And I am pleasantly surprised at the positive reactions that I have had. There are two particular male friends that I was really worried about but they have been mostly ok. I get silly male banter from them. But sometimes they don’t think and the banter happens when other people ( who don’t know) are with us. But all in all I feel happier that they know now. Also my sister knows and her reaction was ‘well I suppose you are still my brother’ but I now realise that she is accepting to a degree but doesn’t want to know any more..
      November 18, 2012 6:54 PM GMT
  • Love to here about others like me getting out and about
    Miss Bobby Lee
      November 19, 2012 5:05 PM GMT
  • :) thats great
      December 1, 2012 9:23 PM GMT
  • ;-)
      December 2, 2012 5:36 AM GMT
  • To update, my family is aware now as well, and they are all understanding and accepting. In fact, my sister says this can help us get closer than ever and sent me the absolute sweetest txt after I told her. She said she understands me better now and wants to have better communication as siblings. We were such good friends in childhood, then puberty hit and we haven't really been as close until last year. It feels great.
      December 8, 2012 12:13 AM GMT
  • awww :D thats awesome
      December 8, 2012 12:15 AM GMT