Alison Bound - Book of Remembrance

• 2127 posts
    November 11, 2012 12:05 PM GMT

As you may have heard, one of our long-time members, Alison Bound, died suddenly last week.  Having been a well loved and prolific member here for many years, she will be sorely missed.  Here's a link to her profile...

http://gendersociety.com/profile/alisonwmids

If you knew Alison, perhaps you'd like to say a few words about her here.

Thanks, Katie

• 364 posts
    November 12, 2012 1:37 AM GMT
    It is very sad to pass away at such an early age (42 is a dangerous time for everyone) and we shall all miss Alison as she was quite active in the forums and chat.
  • November 12, 2012 7:05 PM GMT
    Wake up in heaven as a woman Alison X
    • 2358 posts
    November 12, 2012 7:16 PM GMT
    I was 17 when I found Alison, we were both troubled, shared and cried together. You are missed so much.
    loadsa love Crissie.
  • November 12, 2012 8:56 PM GMT
    Very sad news, condolences to her friends and family.
  • November 12, 2012 10:37 PM GMT
    Hugs to you Alison another star has gone out in the sky petal gawd bless you, you will never be far from our thoughts. Hugs and love. Jane.
    • 51 posts
    November 13, 2012 12:39 AM GMT
    Although I only knew Alison for a short time she was kind and gave me helpful and supportive advice. I am so sad to hear that we have lost her.
  • November 18, 2012 4:16 PM GMT
    I didn't know her well, but well enough to know she was a kind and good person. my condolences to her family and friends.
  • November 18, 2012 7:57 PM GMT
    Hi and thank you to everyone posting on this page of remembrance for dear Wife Alison. I miss her every moment of every day but knowing how much she was loved and respected by all those who knew her does give me great comfort. She is heaven now with the other angels free from this world's pain and worries. I will always love you Alison my darling wife and soul mate
    • 364 posts
    November 19, 2012 1:20 AM GMT
    Hi Carrie-Anne
    Your response on this forum is much appreciated. Having lost my wife a few years ago I know the pain and suffering you are going through and my thoughts are with you
    • 376 posts
    November 22, 2012 9:26 PM GMT

I learned of Alisons passing from looking in on the site from the outside. The first thing I wish to do on my return here is to say how sad it was for me to hear the news and also shocked. I only knew Alison through the forums even as far back as this place was called Tweb. Carrie-Anne , I would never say I know how you are feeling as I can only feel my own feelings but I do Know how I felt when my partner of 23 years passed away in my arms 8 years ago.

I know people mean well when they say I know how you are feeling but in reality they don't know , only you do. 

Alison was far to young to leave you but she will never leave your heart. Take care and look after yourself. Julia x x.

This post was edited by Former Member at November 23, 2012 5:40 AM GMT
    • 3 posts
    November 27, 2012 10:38 PM GMT
    Sweet dreams Alison, and thanks