New Virtual Gifts Feature

• 2127 posts
    December 13, 2012 3:04 PM GMT

Hi girls, you may remember that a few months back, we tried offering virtual gifts from a 'gift-bar' at the bottom of each page.  Unfortunately, the bar did not prove popular so we removed it.  Of course, that does not mean that you don't want to send virtual gifts to your friends on the site - just that the bar was obtrusive as it appeared at the bottom of every page.  To be honest, I didn't like it either.

Anyway, we've come up with a new way that you can send virtual gifts to friends.  We now have a Virtual Gifts area at:

http://gendersociety.com/gifts

Now you can send gifts to your friends without the gift bar taking up valuable space.  The gifts cost just pennies and every sales will help up to keep your community's head above water.  What's more, you can also pay for gifts with our new Gender Society Credits, which you can collect by simply using the site.

We set the credit system running a couple of weeks back so if you have been here recently, you may have already accrued some credits.  You can check your account balance here...

http://gendersociety.com/credits

In future you will also be able to use credits to pay for Full Membership and also to pay for real goods, from the new shops we're hoping to introduce in the New Year.

I must point out that these new systems are still in Beta testing mode (although we have already tried them out in a limited way).  The only way we can test them properly though, is to make them live and then wait to hear your comments.  If you find any problems, please do let me know.

Now, please go and send some gifts to your friends.

Thanks and hugs, Katie   x

• 214 posts
    December 13, 2012 9:32 PM GMT
    Hi Katie -- this could be good, but is there to be a link on home page---???
    • 2127 posts
    December 14, 2012 5:05 PM GMT
    Yes, these new items will shortly appear in the drop down menus.

Hugs, Katie x
    • 214 posts
    December 14, 2012 5:37 PM GMT
    Ha thanks katie , mind i think more re-sauces should be aimed at speeding up the site--- there are often comments about how slow it runs at times