What makes you come back?

• December 25, 2012 9:54 PM GMT
    I've been wondering in a general kind of way what makes people keep visiting web sites, and this one in particular. Obviously, depth of content and relevance. But if these were static, there would be a limit to how often people came back. What is it that brings people back day after day? I would expect it to be content which is rapidly updated, or dynamic features. On TGS, the chat on the home page seems to move on quite quickly, and the chat room content changes all the time. Other parts of the site don't move as quickly as that, giving the impression that they're not visited very often or that people don't add content all that often.

It's probably been asked before but I'd be quite interested to know how regularly TGS members visit the site, and which parts of the site are most important to them. For me, coming back after a long absence, it's the home page and the forums, but I would expect to spend more time in the chat room and on the blog in future.
  • December 26, 2012 6:35 AM GMT

Deleted

This post was edited by Former Member at April 11, 2013 5:42 PM BST
    • 2127 posts
    December 29, 2012 2:17 AM GMT
    Welcome back Catherine and thanks Nicola, for your insight. I'd be most interested to hear more answers to this question too so please keep 'em coming girls. What makes you come back to this site, day after day?

Hugs, Katie x
    • 1195 posts
    December 29, 2012 5:24 PM GMT
    Sorry to say I'm not a day to day visitor but I sure would like to be. Guess I've been caught up with being in classes at a university and other things.
    I'll drop in about once a week and view the forums. I'd like to have the time for the chat room but something always comes up. (Pitty me) Now to answer to question - I come back because I have found kindrid spirits here. Sometime claws come out but that's not often. Luckily trouble make who come - go.
    hugs
    Gracie
    • 1195 posts
    December 29, 2012 5:26 PM GMT
    correction "make" should be "makers"
  • December 29, 2012 5:41 PM GMT

Deleted

This post was edited by Former Member at April 11, 2013 5:43 PM BST
    • 106 posts
    December 30, 2012 12:26 PM GMT
    this is one of few sites I am?was a member that has a friendly and helpful membership. I am not a daily visitor but when I do visit I try to look at the forum.

I would also recommend reading the Frock magazine as it's brilliant and better than anything I have read in the past.
    • 143 posts
    February 21, 2013 12:48 AM GMT
    I first came here by chance and do not recall how, but the why was searching for myself by finding others I could relate to. It became important to me to post pics, meet online and chat with others, and definitely ask questions and read different pieces. Thus far it also is about getting to know others - when sitting at the computer I look forward to seeing people I have come to know and hope to hear good things from them on how things are. I wish I could offer advice, but am very much a pre-pre person and seem out of my league on many levels here. It is emotionally satisfying in sitting at the computer and validating who I am where most of the time in everyday life I can feel somewhat invisible and no one knows my 'secret' as it were - yet here I am who I see myself as and can be myself. There is a lot of support and good people here who are willing to listen and communicate. Thanks, hugs, Briana : )
  • February 24, 2013 5:45 PM GMT
    i came to this site be cause it a very open group. we dont have much here in the states that where folks dont get perverted on thier discussions about what we have to deal with
    • 71 posts
    February 25, 2013 11:05 AM GMT
    Hi Catherine and Katie
    I am a relatively new member and come back because I find everyone's comments so helpful. I use the forums, mainly the SO one as I am desperate to talk to other SOs, I like the home page for the newsy updates people post and also the blogs.
    I like the welcoming and friendly aspects of the site and the many helpful comments that have answered my questions.
    Also the help and support from the moderators has been great.
    Thanks everyone! X
    • 48 posts
    February 25, 2013 4:52 PM GMT
    For me, it is a number of things. Firstly, and most importantly, it is a site for people who are TG and their SO's, as opposed to a thinly disguised contact site. I don't have problems with people who want that sort of thing, but feel GS is a natural home for me.
    Also, it feels like a real community; whichever way we look at it, things can be tough for us ( and I am blessed with a wonderful partner), so having access to friends and hopefully developing a social network, is really important.
  • March 14, 2013 3:26 PM GMT
    the lack of decent transgender websites.That doesnt have traulers in the u.s . plus website that the general public person can pass on thier own personal experiances ,as they have gone thru it them selves as a t/g person