us vs the fuz

Tags : None
    Have you ever tried to talk your way out of a traffic ticket?   I once asked a patrolman if there was room for discussion, politely naturally. His answer was "No."
    <p>If it isn't fun - don't do it.</p>
    This post was edited by Mary Grace at May 17, 2013 10:51 PM BST
      May 17, 2013 10:50 PM BST
    Well, I  was on my way to work and had to drive on the shoulder of the road,because of an accident. I guess the patrolman had nothing better to do so he proceeded to give me a ticket for driving on the shoulder of the road. Instead of arguing with him, I told him I was on my way to work and this woulod cause me to be late. I guess he felt guilty because instead of writing the ticket for a driving violation he wrote "missing a gas cap."  Strange!
     hugs Gracie  
     PS I know that in the UK you're on a point system. Do you get points for the quality of your excuse?
    <p>If it isn't fun - don't do it.</p>
    This post was edited by Mary Grace at May 22, 2013 11:26 PM BST
      May 22, 2013 11:24 PM BST
  • The first time I was pulled over as Debbie was for a tail light that was out.  He took my driver's license, insurance, and registration, then asked me my femme name.  He went back to his car and spent almost an hour running my description and aliases through city, state, and federal databases.  At some point he got back the "Be nice to him when you apologize"  and returned with the identification, and a ticket for the tail light.  I asked if I could check the light since it was working the previous day.  I got out, smoothing my 16 inch skirt, walking in my 4 inch heels, and my satin blouse.  I opened the trunk and I could see that the bag in the back had knocked the tail light out of the mount, so I put it back in.

I asked him "Do I still need a ticket?", he said "yes, because I pulled you over so long".  He made a note, and when I went to pay the fine there were no points and the fine was the lowest possible amount.

Since then, I've only been pulled over a few times (4 times in 20 years), and 2 of those as Debbie.  The police are much more polite because my alias is registered.  Not only do they know I'm not a criminal, they also know to be nice to me.

I'm not sure why they are so nice.  I'm told it's classified.

August 10, 2013 6:52 AM BST