Forum » Gender Society Public Forums » UK Forum » Torquay T-Girls Weekend (September 2013) CLOSED

Torquay T-Girls Weekend (September 2013) CLOSED

Tags : None
  • Following on from another very succesful T-Girls Weekend in May, I have been asked when the next one will be - so again it will be held in September and the date I have in mind is the weekend of Friday 13th Sept until Sunday or Monday 15/16th September.  Obviously if you wish to spend the whole of the week down here in beautiful Torquay, the hotel is very accommodating, simply extend your stay either the week before or the week after.  I have created a poll to find out which weekend in September would prove to be the most popular choice and you can find it here.
    http://gendersociety.com/polls/view/119/t-girls-weekend-september-2013

Please leave any comments about how you have enjoyed past events as a message below so that anybody new can get a feel of how much they either enjoyed or hated the experience.

The hotel is the exceptionally trans friendly  Cliff House Hotel (http://www.cliffhousehotel.co.uk) set in a peaceful location close to the beautiful Meadfoot Beach.

This post was edited by Former Member at April 30, 2014 3:17 PM BST
      May 20, 2013 12:06 PM BST
  • i will write more about my expoits of the last weekend in my blog, but for now, i will just say that it was the most enjoyable and incredibly fulfilling experience for me. Carol is a superstar and every one of the girls in the picture above were simply amazing. i could not rate the hotel highly enough. i was spoilt rotten and really really looked after! it really hurts that i will not be able to go in september. but i hope and pray i can make a later date if this fantastic experience continues. xxxx

May 20, 2013 12:46 PM BST
  • Even Lucy????? Tongue out

May 20, 2013 12:49 PM BST
  •  

even lucyTongue out   lol i had an interesting conversation with her about trans in the community which i enjoyed....but someone needs to tell her not to bend over so much in the breakfast room...i nearly went blind!

May 20, 2013 12:51 PM BST
  • ........... and the winner of the Torquay Pole Dancing competition was the lovely Christina Martin, who despite the enormous amount of alcohol consumed (or maybe because of it lol) gave a stunning display on the Pole (or should that just be, pole).  Well done Christina, you have won a tube of Polo mints xx

May 20, 2013 1:20 PM BST
  • thanks for the fab weekend girls (and the tube of polo mints!) had a great time. i voted for the weekend after for the next one as i'm in new york on the 10-13. (jet lag pending!) xx

May 20, 2013 1:44 PM BST
  • I don't know what the collective noun for a group of lovely looking ladies is.  Whatever it is you girls are it.  I hope you all had a wonderful time.

May 20, 2013 6:04 PM BST
  • I stayed at the Cliff House for 7 nights and had a great time. I can't wait for September. It was good to meet up with everyone else especially those who I had not met before. It was my second visit to the Cliff House Hotel and I had the same room as before with my swimming pool sized bath. Robert, Lucy and the others make us so welcome and it is a pleasure to stay there. The Meadfoot Inn is very welcoming with good food and a friendly atmosphere. I enjoyed dancing at the Nightclub. Overall it was a fantastic weekend and would recommend it to anyone who wants to go. Thanks to Carol for organising everything.

May 20, 2013 10:32 PM BST
  • Thanks for a great weekend Carol,finally got to meet you and your lovely,all you other girls were great too and enjoyed meeting everybody.The hotel was very friendly and had daily tips from Lucy she was full of information,the pub was brilliant what i can remember about it ,cough cough,nightclub great too a very fabby weekend ,went too quick .As far as sept goes its a maybe due to being skint,have mentioned it to my sis ,hannah ,we will have to see.

xxxxxxx Jacqui xxxxxx

May 22, 2013 2:16 PM BST
  • You are welcome Jacqui, just glad that you had a great time, it was lovely to meet everybody, you, Debbie, Rose, Christina, and great to meet up with Mon, Hannah, Karen, Rosie and Ros again.  I think the friendliness of the hotel, pub and club is essential to everybody enjoying their experience down here in Torquay, especially for those people who are a little unsure of venturing out in daylight.  Debbie couldn't believe that she was walking around in bright daylight in a summer dress without a qualm (she was too busy talking to me to notice anything lol) and I think it was this accepting ambience of the town that allowed her to make one of her dreams come true - that of walking along a beach in a summer's dress as a woman.  Well done Debs xxx
    From my own perspective, these events keep on getting better and better.
    Thank you for your wonderful company down here xxx

This post was edited by Former Member at May 22, 2013 3:03 PM BST
      May 22, 2013 3:03 PM BST
  • 3rd weekend in Sept auntie Tongue out

Not to borrow the strength of another, nor to rely on one's own strength; to cut off past and future thoughts, and not to live within the everyday mind... then the Great Way is right before your eyes. - Yamamoto Tsunetomo
      May 22, 2013 10:29 PM BST
  • What can i say the weekend started on thursday with Jac and Mon at hotel Hannah had a KFC as i dont do cooking. travelled to torkey after Jac eventually got ready and met up with Robert at the hotel hmmmm cant recall alot after that about friday but i do know i am never drinking again as suffering all day saturday inpinged on my need for a new dress anyway got glammed up for saturday night lasted a couple of hours as i still wasnt good sad but true, oh but a bonus was winning Ralph now looking after my bed in my absence. I must say that the girls that where there are absolute Gems brilliant company and funny too, oh and each and everyone a stunning woman and i feel really privaledged to have spent such a brilliant weekend with you all. It was fab well what i can remember of it anyway.

Anyway just wanted to say thankyou to Carol for organising and to Rosie Ros Rose Jac Mon Carol Debs Christina Karen and to Robert and Lucy for making the best weekend i have had in many a year

love to one and all xxx

May 26, 2013 1:40 PM BST
  • well what more can I say,that aint been said already, another great week at Torquay, It was great to meet Hanna, Jacqui, Debbie, Christina and rose for the first time (alough I had met Rose once before, but under very different circumstances lol) And to catch up with the rest of the girls. Another great job done Carol. I even ended up shedding the headmistress look lol-- ty rose

As to September the 13-14-15 weekend is the only one I could come to as St Audries starts on Sunday !5th, which means I would leave on the sunday and alas would have to miss out on the club AGAIN lol.

Rosie xxxxx

May 26, 2013 2:53 PM BST
  • Oh Rosie Posie love, how could we make you miss the club AGAIN!!!!!  Still if Sabini comes, perhaps you would like to dog sit her puppy for her??

May 26, 2013 2:57 PM BST
  • perhaps i could train it as a sheep dog  lol

This post was edited by rosie Bush at May 26, 2013 4:18 PM BST
      May 26, 2013 4:18 PM BST
  • I'd be really keen on this, would be my first "real" outing so to speak, so nerves would be pretty high. i do go on holiday as Ayla but dont do much in the way of going out lol. Would be really nice to meet you all as well and have a really good giggle. :)

Ayla x

This post was edited by Stephie Hughes at May 28, 2013 1:33 AM BST
      May 28, 2013 1:33 AM BST
  • Hi Ayla,

First of all, welcome to the Gender Society, I hope that you will find it helpful and useful here.  Which part of Devon do you live, anywhere near Torbay??

I will be finalising the date of the weekend shortly and then I will put a list up of people who are intending to go - first gets the room lol.  All the venues that we go to are extremely friendly and welcoming to TV's/CD's and TS's as you will have no doubt have gathered from what has been said and the hotel is delightful.  We hope again to be able to book out the complete hotel for that weekend, but even if we don't fully manage to do that, any other guests staying are all accepting of the trans crows, Robert (the manager) would have it no other way.

I am also getting a support group started in the area and the inugural meeting will be held on the 5th June at the Cliff House Hotel, in St. Marks Road in Torquay should you wish to attend.  It is called Transfigurations and will be held on the first Wednesday of every month at the Cliff House.  The meetings will start at around 7pm.  We have a group on Facebook, but as we are still fairly new, it isn't very busy yet.

Hope to meet you soon - either in September or earlier if you wish to come to one of our meetings.

Carol xx

May 28, 2013 1:52 AM BST
  • Hello Carol,

Thank you for the warm welcome,

Im up in north devon, just outside barnstaple, so not a million miles away. My birthday is in September, what a wonderful way to celibrate hehe. Not sure id be able to make the meetings tho, as i dont finish work til 5.30pm, but will certainly try to make one or two.

I will keep an eye on this thread, for dates, and make sure i can arrange to come.

Ayla x

May 28, 2013 1:59 AM BST
  • I have now booked for 3 nights --12th 13th 14 th sept --- will have to leave on Sunday morning to go to St Audries bay.

June 3, 2013 9:17 AM BST
  • I will open a new topic about this so that the room availability comes at the top and make it a sticky

June 3, 2013 9:54 AM BST